Michigan-Lansing

Outdoor Wedding

Does anyone have any ideas where to have an outdoor wedding around Lansing?

Thanks
Angela

Re: Outdoor Wedding

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There are many places:

Eagle Eye/Hawk Hollow
    Walnut Hills Country Club
    MSU Horticultural Gardens
    Charlar Place
    Grand Ledge Opera House
    Frances Park

are just a few.  Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    The Rosewood Inn Bed and Breakfast on Francis Rd
  • edited December 2011
    MSU Horticultural Gardens are gorgeous in the summer! I've been to a wedding at the GL Opera House that was also really nice. Those are the only 2 outdoor places I'm at all familiar with though.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, we are looking at the date of Sept. 10, 2011. And just for the ceremony site, i am not sure if Grand Ledge Opera house will let you just use the outside and then have the reception somewhere else, but i know that it is nice right there.
  • HaugsbyAHaugsbyA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi there! My name is Megan and I am a coordinator at Charlar Place in Holt. We offer a great outdoor setting for ceremonies and would love for you to come check out what we have to offer. We have a terrace which overlooks a pond, a garden setting with a waterfall, an arch and an arbor. Please see our website below or give me a call at (517)699-5595 if you are interested. Thank you and good luck!

Megan Main
    Charlar Place

www.charlarplace.com

• edited December 2011
    I love that in one post you try to sound like you're a bride and not a vendor, and then in this one, you're obviously a vendor! Tongue out
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • HaugsbyAHaugsbyA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oops - They should have signed in under there name. I am the owners daughter.

• edited December 2011
    House in Woods Bed and Breakfast in Dewitt
  • edited December 2011
    Charlar Place in Holt IS beautiful, however I would never recommend that venue to anyone who wants a fun, stress-free wedding day. We looked into this venue and the woman who met us to show us around was very rude and very short with us. Giving her the benefit of the doubt ( maybe she was having a bad day) we looked at reviews on line. Some reviews were pretty bad and others were really good. We started asking around to see if anyone we knew was familiar with the place. One person said the woman was rude to her and put herself into quite a few of the wedding pics. A cousin said a girlfriend of hers used to work there but quit because whenever a bad review showed up on-line, the owner or manager or whatever would have her employees pose as satisfied customers and post raving reviews. We found another place as soon as we could. You could look into Woldumar nature center or Fenner, both of these are very pretty due to nature and casual.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Veterans Memorial garden in Holt is very nice, there is also Woldumar Nature Center, Moore's Park Rose Garden and Terrace over-looking the river. Lots of outdoor options....good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards