South Carolina

Lexington/Columbia Venues..

Hi all!

I am recently engaged and am starting to look for venues but am having some trouble finding something to suit my needs. I am from the Lexington area and am looking for something around there or Columbia. I have a tentative time of August 2012. I do not want anything outdoors which I think is the problem, everywhere seems to be an outdoor setting. I would like to have somewhere to have both the ceremony and reception in the same location and that would hold 150-200 people. I do not particularly want a chapel kinda deal like Mitchell House or Springdale House. Please feel free to leave feedback, suggestions etc. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lexington/Columbia Venues..

• edited December 2011
    Ariel's special events  in W Columbia, SC
  • mfordingmfording member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Saluda Shoals - their rental facility is huge and I am sure you could do both indoors... They have a BEAUTIFUL fire place inside. 

I am getting married at 403 Northlake - but recently saw Saluda Shoals photos and its amazing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mendysimsmendysims member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about 701 Whaley?  It looks like its pretty big. It says it can hold 375 seated.
  • edited December 2011
    I am contemplating Saluda Shoals and 701 Whaley actually..looking for affordable and comfortable indoors..would like a good size area for dancing and mingling at the reception. Also somewhere that allows for outside catering. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We were originally going to get married in Lexington but opted for Greenville instead. We were looking at some of the Lexington town facilities. You can check them out at www.lexsc.com!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mfordingmfording member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saluda Shoals is wonderful! 

I have been researching it myself :) 

I think we are going to stick with 403 Northlake simply because of all the work it would take for Saluda

I am planning from out of town
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • S2K2012S2K2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married and having the reception at 701. You can bring in your own caterer and alcohol. It was the best option we found. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the SC State Museum and we are having the ceremony and reception there. Talk with Linda
  • Have you looked into the Hilton Columbia (http://www.hiltoncolumbia.com/)? They have a beautiful place! I have a wedding to come there and it sounds great. I'm staying in a less expensive option at the Hampton Inn Columbia Downtown Historic Center (http://www.hamptoninncolumbia.com/) where the couple also had the block rooms and the staff there is very helpful. I’ll let you know how it goes… 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards