Getting in Shape

Help me lose some more weight please?

I am 5"4. I have lost 45 pounds in the last two years. I have about two months until my wedding I am hoping to lose 5-10 more pounds. What I have done recently is cut out sugar from my diet, white flour and decrease my carbohydrate intake drastically. I eat a lot of protein. I do eat some processed food in terms of lean ham which I know is salty. I do know I need to up my water intake currently I drink 4 cups a day. I work out hard 4x a week with cardio and weights. I run 3 miles in 32 minutes then do the stairs on level 10+. In terms of weight training I lift to do 3 sets increasing my weight so I can not finish the last set. Typical day B: 2 eggs w/ 2 ounces lean ham Coffee w/ 30 ml half and half and two truvia L: 3 ounces 93% lean hamburger with reduced fat cheese Steamed veggies on the side D: lean chicken or homemade beef and broccoli S: SF jello

Re: Help me lose some more weight please?

• edited May 2012
    I have a few suggestions!!

Personally, I love turkey "sausage" patties (can find it in the same aisle as sausage patties). Try that in the AM instead of lean ham and cut out the coffee. I know, its hard. I work 3rd shift so I understand the need. Try crystal light energy powder mixes. They're easy to carry in your purse AND you'll increase your water consumption.  The strawberry is yummy and one at the beginning & one midway through my shift gets me through a 12 hour work night.

I bought a camelbak brand water bottle (with the sipper top). Take that filled with water everywhere you go. Seriously, everywhere. I drink about 3L of water per day using that thing. (You can find them at Target, $15-20). You'll be surprised how much water you drink when you use that bottle.

Look into lean turkey instead of lean hamburger. Even though the hamburger is 93% fat free, it still has A LOT of calories & fat. (3oz: 8g fat, 180 calories) Lean Turkey (Jennie-O is my favorite) is much better (3oz: 90 cal, 0.8g fat) - 99% fat free and tastes the same in my opinion. BIG DIFFERENCE!!! I love chicken, I eat it all the time. Also, look into fat free mozarella string cheese for snacks. It's a great way to get some vitamins & calcium intake without blowing the calorie bank. 

Also, your body can get used to the workouts so try mixing up the cardio a bit. I love spinning classes and you can burn MAJOR calories during those workouts. Look into that as well. 

Looks like you're doing great!! Keep it up!!  
  • Sounds like you're doing a great job and know where you need to make changes.  What I have to question, with the workouts factored in, is are you eating enough calories?  If you don't eat enough, it will be that much more difficult (if even possible) to lose the last few pounds.
    Anniversary
  • Yeah, if you're not tracking your calories, try that, because that does NOT look like enough to support your level of activity (in fact, I think you'd be hard pressed to be eating enough if you WEREN'T working out.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Also, unless your doctor has advised it, I strongly discourage cutting out red meat completely (re: a PP) and switching to ground turkey.  There are lots of things in red meat that are good for you (including, gasp, FAT!) that you can't find in ground turkey.  You're making a smart choice with the 93% lean, and as long as that's not the only meat you're eating, I don't really see a need to change it.  Especially with the extremely low amount of calories and fat you're already eating.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_help-me-lose-some-more-weight-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ee41b918-a39b-4f86-b78c-2627a49ec6faPost:6d455e18-19be-4859-9dfa-f01b78a4a7c7">Re: Help me lose some more weight please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like you're doing a great job and know where you need to make changes.  What I have to question, with the workouts factored in, is are you eating enough calories?  If you don't eat enough, it will be that much more difficult (if even possible) to lose the last few pounds.
    Posted by Lobsters25[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Agreed, it doesn't look like you're eating enough calories based on what you posted. Have you tried using a calorie counting web site like myfitnesspal.com or spark people?

</div>
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_help-me-lose-some-more-weight-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ee41b918-a39b-4f86-b78c-2627a49ec6faPost:4237de01-95e3-4fb1-9cf4-ca1dc13f52fe">Re: Help me lose some more weight please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, unless your doctor has advised it, I strongly discourage cutting out red meat completely (re: a PP) and switching to ground turkey.  There are lots of things in red meat that are good for you (including, gasp, FAT!) that you can't find in ground turkey.  You're making a smart choice with the 93% lean, and as long as that's not the only meat you're eating, I don't really see a need to change it.  Especially with the extremely low amount of calories and fat you're already eating.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

All of this. If you are working out a lot carbs are not your enemy. Complex carbs give you energy. My diet is 40% carbs, 30% Fat, 30% protein. Maybe you should talk with a nutritionist about your diet, b/c that does not seem like enough food.

ETA: My typical week for workouts:
    Monday, Wednesday- 30-45 Min Core, 30 min personal training, 30-40 min cardio
    Tuesday/Thursday- 1 to 1 1/2 hour swimming
    Friday - 1 hour personal training, 30 minutes core
    Sat/Sun- Nothing on the schedule.

Food:
    3/4 C cheerio
    1/2 c trim cottage cheese

Apple

Lean Pocket/Leftovers/Lean Cusine/Soup <- there is a lot of sodium in processed foods, but it is the easiest for me to bring for lunch

Protein Bar
    Beef jerky

Nrgizer smoothie
    3 Turkey links
    2 egg whites

Dinner- Varies: homemade Pho, peanut butter sandwich, shrimp and pasta, salad

I am around 1600-1800 cal a day. My BMR is 1596.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LizzyRBLizzyRB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Sounds like you are doing great!

One thing that helped me lose a few more like you need to do is stop eating "low fat," "light," "sugar free," type of foods. I have no idea why, but it was amazing. I also can't stand when people order burger, fries and a "diet" coke. Ha

I think sometimes you end up more hungry because you body is craving the calories it thought it was having but really didn't. I also read somewhere sugar free jello was one of the worst snacks around.

Eating 2 egg whites instead of entire eggs in the morning would save you about 100 calories a day, 700 a week. Eating every 2 or 3 hours helps too.
  • Maybe I'm off base here - but have you thought that maybe you have reached where you are supposed to be and your body is telling you that? Honestly - I'd stop worrying about it. Keep doing what you are doing, listen to what eveyrone is saying about increasing your calorie intake, and be happy with your progress. You probably look amazing and stress can make it harder to lose weight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards