Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Where do I put them?

Ok... I am marrying a man who has three daughters who are 17, 15, and 13 and I have a son that is 14. I already have a maid of honor and a bridesmaid but I want all of the children to be involved in the wedding. Where should I put them?

Re: Where do I put them?

• Options
    just make them BM and GM...

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    That's a really good question. I think the two younger girls should be juniors and your son as well. the older girl could just be a bridesmaid.
  • Options
    really there is no need for the junior title.  At that age they can wear a dress and walk up and down an aisle.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_put?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:37fd5ae7-9f1e-4b7c-925a-bd63d94144f7Post:49ed2cd5-f53e-4172-b778-7de15682110e">Re: Where do I put them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]just make them BM and GM...
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

What she said.  Who cares if you already have a MOH and BM.  They should also be a priority.  No, it will not matter if the sides are uneven.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_put?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:37fd5ae7-9f1e-4b7c-925a-bd63d94144f7Post:bba5ef8e-a365-40ca-a5e6-a7fb44648ce4">Where do I put them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok... I am marrying a man who has three daughters who are 17, 15, and 13 and I have a son that is 14. I already have a maid of honor and a bridesmaid but I want all of the children to be involved in the wedding. Where should I put them?
    Posted by mizzztina[/QUOTE]

JIC
  • Options
    You could also ask them to participate by doing readings if you want to do something other than having them in the WP.  It could get expensive if you are paying for the wedding plus BM dresses and tux for the kids.
  • Options
    Since it sounds like boarding school is out, I'm going to agree with everybody else.

Uneven sides don't matter.  Junior bridesmaid as a title, to me, sounds like "hey - you're kinda special, so I want you to have some title, but you're not REALLY special, so you can't be a real bridesmaid."  I don't think that's what you're going for, so drop the Junior and just make them bridesmaids and groomsmen.  OR bridesmen and groomsmaids.  Yep, that's totally appropriate too.  Look for ggmae - she had girls and guys on each side, I think, and her photos are super cute!
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Ask what they'd be most comfortable doing. Being in the wedding party (on your side or their dad's side), or doing a reading, or greeting/ushering guests. Those are pretty much your choices.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards