Favors

Popcorn Bar?

So... my fiance is a popcorn fanatic! He would eat popcorn morning, noon and night if I let him. We were thinking of having a popcorn bar instead of a candy bar as our favors. We would have regular butter popcorn, kettle corn, caramel corn, as well as a few different flavors like avocado ranch and chocolate peanut butter. My question is... Do other people like popcorn enough to enjoy this? Or is a candy bar the better alternative?

Re: Popcorn Bar?

• S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I LOVE popcorn, so do quite a few people I know - I think this is a really great idea!

• Pilsy01Pilsy01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it!  Really, that's unique and special for you two, nice and personal.  Great idea.  
  • jdhoustonjdhouston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! The more I was thinking about it I'm getting more and more excited about it! =)
  • edited December 2011
    I love this idea!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is such a cute idea!!!
  • edited December 2011
    sounds fun and unique! go for it,
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yum!  I would love to see a popcorn bar at a wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing the same thing! We're going with a Kansas City theme for our wedding and we have an amazing gourmet popcorn place here so it just made sense to do a popcorn buffet!
  • psuxray07psuxray07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo yum that sounds delicious!!!  Definitely a good idea, but don't forget the cheese popcorn! (that's my fav, haha)
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Set a trend!

I think that is an awesome idea!
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love the idea!

You could have shakers with various topping that could be added to the plain or buttered popcorn.  Like dill, garlic, or even cinnamon-sugar.

I personally like candy IN my popcorn.  m&ms, red hots, or reese's pieces.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a really cute idea.  I also liked Anna's suggestions about different toppings.

My SIL makes this awesome gourmet popcorn with truffle oil, Parmesan cheese, dried basil and salt/pepper.  Heavenly.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds awesome!  I like the idea of having some flavored salt type things (like at the movie theater) or even some little candies to mix in with the popcorns, but I'd be happy with just a bunch of different kinds of popcorn.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it!!

We had fresh kettlecorn as our favors. : ) It was a hit.
  • MsAmanda923MsAmanda923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmmmm... Popcorn!! Very cute idea :)
    Everyday is a miracle. Anniversary
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is exactly like yours :)  Love this idea!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    i'm doing somewhat of a "popcorn bar"... we're having a "concessions" table.. (slight movie theme) And we're going to have different types of popcorn, and candy you can have at the theater. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great idea!!! I've seen plastic popcorn bags at the Dollar Tree, they would be cute to buy a few and set up around the display or table :) Also, make sure to provide toothpicks! I always get kernels stuck in my teeth which makes me make weird faces the rest of the night trying to get them out :D
  • edited December 2011
    I think this is a great idea! I am thinking about doing the same thing. I also thought about getting a popcorn popper and having someone pop the popcorn so it is fresh when people come through to get it. Nothing is better than warm, fresh popcorn. Absolutely love this idea! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards