May 2011 Weddings

Mother's Day Brides and Flowers

I've heard some of the Mother's Day brides having trouble with Florist raising prices for your wedding.
Well, I had my florist appointment today and I asked her if that common I never expected her response.
She said that they will not take on weddings during that wknd because its not fair to the bride. I was shocked. So I guess Mother's day is that big of a flower day.

Anywho I was able to check off Flowers today. Super Exciting and we stayed in budget! Originally we were going to have 15 tall centerpiece and 15 small arrangements but that was over budget. Our Florist recommended sinking a rose. Which I have never heard of so she put this together for us

This saved us $500 and I love it! I was really surprised she was willing to take a commission cut. Anywho now all we need to order is 18 roses. :-)
if any of ladies are curious how to make this I can let you know.

Happy Planning! :-)

Re: Mother's Day Brides and Flowers

• Are you going to do anything around such as votives?  
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • Well, the cut in comission is better than losing a customer because the price was too high. So yay for good customer service! I think the rose looks great too. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the centerpieces. They are different and unique. Congrats on staying within budget. I am going to visit some florists to get pricing. But I may potentially make it one of my DIY projects.
  • Congratulations on lower prices!!  Definitely a plus.  We were going to do all real flowers - but that's really expensive.  So I turned it into a DIY and finally finished everything, I think haha.  The rose thing is really cute!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • NCV2- I bought purple votive holders from a fellow knottie along with purple sea glass (plastic rocks LoL ) that and my mom's account does weddings on the side and she has a ton of clear votives so we are going to do every other.

:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards