Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Recessional... Is this TOO non-traditional?

My FI and I want music that is more of a reflection of who we are, so traditional ceremony music is out the window... Here's our line up so far...

Pre Ceremony: Don't Stop Believing (VSQ), Love Story (T Swizzle)
Bridal Party: Forrest Gump Theme (Fiance's fav movie)
Bridal Walk: Can't Help Falling In Love With You (VSQ)
Recessional...
Post Recessional: You're my best friend (Queen), Ain't No Mountain High Enough

The recessional is the one I am really asking about... we've gone back and forth on it, but the song that we've come up with is one of "our songs" what do you all think about "Rain is a Good Thing," by Luke Bryan... def. not your typical recessional... I know... but friends know its our song (FI's family farms corn.. so it has just been a running joke for a while...) Is it too weird??

196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recessional... Is this TOO non-traditional?

• I wouldn't say it's too non-traditional but I would probably pick somewhere else to use the song. Like, walking into the reception to it. Or first dance, or first fast song after a slow dance. something like that. but if rain is a good thing is what you're feelin, by all means go for it!! lol
  • It is like I am country and there will be alot of country music if someone doesn't like it tough

• Honestly, my FI and I are thinking about doing Avenged Sevenfold's "Welcome to the Family" as our recessional so its DEFINITELY not traditional. Just make sure if you are doing a church wedding or having a religious officiant that it's not going to be an issue. I know some places have strict rules about what you can play in a church.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • I always say....."It our wedding so we can do what we want".....therefore....it's your wedding so you guys should do what you want. If you like that song then do it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards