Second Weddings

Tableside ceremony/reception

Has anybody done this before....where your ceremony & reception are in the same room?  If so did you make a seating chart for it or just let guests sit where they chose?  How did you handle the food for the reception?  Any tips would be great! :)
TIA
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

Re: Tableside ceremony/reception

• edited December 2011
    We did not do this, but I have attended this type of event.  I always like a seating arrangement- but that's just me.  I like to know that I'll have a seat with people I know.  (I hate being the person who shows up last and either has to squeeze into the table or sit nearby.) 

One I attended had the room set up with rows of just chairs (like church aisles) for the ceremony and then during cocktail hour set up the dining area.  Another just kept you at your table.  If you do that just be sure that there is enough room for people to move their chairs to be able to see the ceremony.  If you do the latter-- I would make it clear what you want people to do during the ceremony, either in the program or by an announcement to start the ceremony.  Otherwise they may stand and crowd around you- blocking the view and forcing everyone to do so.  ~Donna
  • edited December 2011
    I got married about a week ago and this is what we did.  I was a little nervous about it but it turned out great.  We had about 100 guests, and we simply put framed signs on a few tables that said "reserved for groom's/bride's family".  We had a wide aisle down the center that later became the dance floor.  

After the ceremony, we had the dj announce that guests were welcome to help themselves to an appetizer/drink while we finished up our pics outside (we had done the majority of them before the ceremony.)   We simply had cheese and fruit trays for guests to serve themselves from along with beer, wine and sangria.    I communicated with the caterer beforehand about the situation with ceremony/reception, so they waited and set up during the short period between ceremony and reception.    Our food was done buffet style with the caterers plating the food but not serving it at the tables.  Everyone raved about the wedding and how beautiful it was, so I don't guess anyone found it strange.  Hope this helps! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards