March 2013 Weddings

Update: dress shopping

Sorry it took so long to get back ladies. Dress shopping went HORRIBLY! I don't even want to go again. I went to a local David's. I made my appt about 4 days ahead and called and confirmed the day of I also informed them of the people I was bringing. When we got there no one greeted us, so we didn't know what to do. Then they couldn't pull up my saved dresses (thank god I brought my laptop) They stuck us in a room in the hall that every time I came out I had to move 10 times and I wasn't near a mirror. They didn't have chairs for my guests ( I was assured they would) We were there 3 1/2 hours and I tried on 5 dresses. I sat in the first dress for an hour and 45 mins. I was so over the dresses before I ever got it off. They didn't listen to the dresses I wanted. I spent more time waiting for the consultant then actually being with her. She never showed me a veil, shoes, nothing! I really am over the dress and don't care to go shopping again. I know drastic but I feel deflated.  I have a couple pics but I don't know how to add them on here. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update: dress shopping

• I am so sorry. My dress experience this weekend wasn't all that great either. :( You think it's going to go great and then it goes totally different. I didn't have that "OMG THIS IS IT" moment. It sucks.

I'm sure you look beautiful! You can add a picture by pressing that little button that looks like a tree. We would love to see it!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • Oh no, that sucks :-( I've noticed DB can be hit and miss. There is a serious lack of chairs for people. When we went to look at BM dresses there, there was literally one chair near like, 10 rooms. Luckily there wasn't anyone else there at the time and the people not trying on dresses were me and one of my BM's two kids, one of which was in a stroller. Even when I tried on wedding dresses there, the attendant seemed really distracted. I was lucky enough to not have a totally horrible experience there, but it wasn't that great.

Anyways, hopefully you can find another place that will be better. I went to 3 other places and had better experiences at 2 of them (1 of them really didn't seem to care about me because I wasn't a stick, that was fun). Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Sorry for your crummy dress appointment.  DB can be hit or miss.  I made sure that I booked my appointment on a monday morning as soon as they opened.  I had the place to myself all morning which was nice.  Then I went downstairs with my BM.  One of my male friends wasnt allowed in the "dressing room area", I couldn't even put a chair in the area, and the women were so nasty there.  They kept focusing on this little girl telling me that I need to have children because they are so adorable and little children can make the wedding....umm, ya.

Sorry you had such a horrid experience, but keep going; i promise it gets better.

@Jordan, I didnt have that moment either.  Everyone loved it and kept telling me it was the one, so I brought it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That does sound miserable, thomas2013. :(  I don't blame you for not wanting to do anymore dress shopping either! But maybe the next place will be better.

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards