Illinois-Chicago
Options

Jobs for the sisters/sisters to-be

I have decided to only have 1 of my 3 sisters in the bridal party and not have my 2 sister to-be in it either.

However, I want them all to be involved in the wedding and the process.  What special job or duty can I give the 4 that are not brides maids?

Alex

Re: Jobs for the sisters/sisters to-be

• Options
    edited December 2011
     The only thing I can think of is reader or usher. Please don't do "honorary bridesmaid" or "guest book attendant" like some people suggest.  I would definitely side-eye if someone asked me to be one of those.
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can have one be a "bride's attendant". Other roles you can involve them with is as reader, special music or saying grace at dinner.  Just a few thoughts...
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    def have them be ushers or readers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say readers.  Most other jobs (guest book attendant, program distributor, personal attendant) are jobs, not honors.  Otherwise you can give them corsages and seat them in the front with your parents.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please don't have them be ushers, program distributors, guest book attendants, personal attendants (WHY DOES ANYONE NEED A PERSONAL ATTENDANT?!?).  Women don't like doing it, and it will definitely make them feel like they are being slighted.  Heck, a lot of guys feel like being an usher makes them part of the "B" team.

Have them read a passage during the ceremony, or just let them be guests. 

Believe it or not, everyone doesn't need a job. 
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    aernst5486aernst5486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  So helpful!
  • Options
    mkravetzmkravetz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm asking my future SIL to help me with the kids, all nieces and nephews are going to run down the aisle in front of me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards