Wisconsin

Official Start of Summer!

Memorial Day weekend is considered "the official start of summer" - What fun plans do you have?

We are planning to go canoeing with friends on the Wisconsin River.  I hope that the weather cooperates! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Official Start of Summer!

• leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like fun! Good luck with the weather. We will just be doing the regular cookout kinda thing on Memorial Day-weather depending :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to a cookout on Sunday and finally making it to the Milwaukee Public Museum on Monday to see the Mummies exhibit (last day of the show).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_official-start-of-summer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:82a0341c-25c6-4999-addb-39c3f03a2a82Post:6b563909-5789-4d69-a23f-2b9d4f5a9a7c">Re: Official Start of Summer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to a cookout on Sunday and finally making it to the Milwaukee Public Museum on Monday to see the Mummies exhibit (last day of the show).
    Posted by gundy21[/QUOTE]

Have fun at the museum - I love museums!  Have you been to the Field Museum in Chicago?  They have a good mummy exhibit. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hope that mummy exhibit is as cool as it looks. We are going to Chocolate fest, as long as I don't have to work. Hope you ladies have a nice Memorial Day weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We have two cookouts to go to on Sunday and one on Monday! I am not sure how I am going to make it through the weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    We head to the Dells every year with over 100+ fire dept/police dept personnel and their families. It's a crap ton of fun! This years theme is Toga. Friday can not come fast enough.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_official-start-of-summer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:82a0341c-25c6-4999-addb-39c3f03a2a82Post:e6c14a5d-65d6-4828-ae36-ed396b1412d5">Re: Official Start of Summer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We head to the Dells every year with over 100+ fire dept/police dept personnel and their families. It's a crap ton of fun! This years theme is Toga. <strong>Friday can not come fast enough.</strong>
    Posted by Tiger_Tammer[/QUOTE]

Amen! 

Have fun in the Dells!  I have lived in WI for 5 years now and I still haven't been.  Maybe this year :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_official-start-of-summer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:82a0341c-25c6-4999-addb-39c3f03a2a82Post:b8fe9eb1-c489-4ddd-a72d-0b2e165ce9eb">Re: Official Start of Summer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Official Start of Summer! : Amen!  Have fun in the Dells! <strong> I have lived in WI for 5 years now and I still haven't been</strong>.  Maybe this year :)
    Posted by Wiscisbliss[/QUOTE]

I didn't know this was possible! It's almost a right of passage for us to kick off our summer there. I am very excited, just finished my toga costume for Saturday night.
  • KellyT22KellyT22 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Summer Ladies!

I'm going to spend it working on our house, wedding planning, and going to every fair/festival that I can. I'd LOVE to get up north at least once this summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards