Ohio-Northeast
Options

mini-moon ideas needed for NE Ohio

Hi NE Ohio Knotties,

My fiance and I are interested in a 2-3 night mini-moon in NE Ohio in May. I'd love to hear your suggestions about places to stay. Preferaby cabins or bed & breakfasts, but open to all ideas.

TIA, Marci (Columbus Area Knottie)

Re: mini-moon ideas needed for NE Ohio

• Options
    missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a beautiful castle in Mohican which is half way between Cleveland and Columbus.  We went there for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago.  It was called Landoll's Mohican Castle.  They had rooms with hot tubs too.  They even had horse and buggy rides around the property, had a pool on site, and many other things to offer.  It was great.

We also go up to wine country up in Geneva and Harpersfield all the time.  They have some bed and breakfasts up there near the wineries.  It is fun to visit the different wineries and then go back to the B & B.  If you need recommendations on wineries, let me know.
    my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    ncostillancostilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you said you are looking to go to NE Ohio, but we stayed at the most amazing Bed and Breakfast in Pittsburgh I would HIGHLY reccomend.  Look up the Parador Inn......African Tulip room is great.  Wonderful location in town....lots to do, and great breakfasts.
  • Options
    heath04angelheath04angel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with PP landolls mohican castle is BEAUTIFUL and so relaxing. weve been there a couple times and loved it! def worth checking out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to be on Lake Erie the Lodge at Geneva on the Lake is very nice. http://www.thelodgeatgeneva.com/

From the lodge you can venture out to wineries in the area such as Ferrantes and Debonne (but there are many). You can laso walk around Geneva on the Lake which is fun. If you are there after Mother's day be sure to check out Eddie's Grill which will be open by then. You are also about 35 minutes from Cleveland and all is has to offer. Oh and if you are into nature activities check out the Holden arboretum, Lake metroparks and Cleveland metroparks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards