Ohio-Northeast
Options

Marblehead/Port Clinton area venues?

I've been looking around online for a wedding location in the Marblehead or Port Clinton area and I just can't seem to find ANY. We're planning to have at least 200 guests, and would like to have an outdoor wedding. If anyone has any ideas for me, please let me know! Even some tips about searching online would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Knotties!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marblehead/Port Clinton area venues?

• Options
    everbrideeverbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a Greek church adjacent to the Marblehead lighthouse which has a gazebo for an outdoor wedding and a huge church hall for a reception. The Catawba Island Club also has an outdoor ceremony site and a tent can be put up on their grounds for a beautiful reception.
  • Options
    ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Catawba Island Club? http://www.cicclub.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I've been e-mailing with the GM of Catawba Island Club & I'm going to try to go look at it while I'm in Port Clinton this weekend. Thanks for the great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad my suggestion helped. That's a gorgeous location! Good luck. ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, the GM of Catawba Island Club just kinda stopped answering me. I told him I would be in the area this weekend & asked if it would be possible for me to come take a look around, and he never e-mailed me back. Should I try to get a hold of someone else from the club, or move on to another vendor? I don't want to just give up, because it looks amazing. But I also don't think it's a good idea to have our wedding there if they're so bad at communicating.
    I'm stuck. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you try calling back and talking with another contact? One would think they'd have someone specific to handle weddings and events. I'd try back again before giving up. In the meantime, I'll keep my eyes peeled for other venues in the area. Smile

edit: I just did a basic Google search and found a ton of wedding photos taken there. There HAS to be a contact to handle weddings. Keep on it! 
  • Options
    ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found one more location http://lakesideohio.com/staying/main/hotel_lakeside

I'd also try contacting a wedding planner who's located around the area. She'll probably know of more locations to scout out. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thank you SO much for all the help! Do you live near Port Clinton?
    I just googled it too, & WOW! It's gorgeous! I'm gonna have to find whoever is in charge of the weddings. It's too beautiful not to!
    Lakeside looks really nice too! Thanks again, so so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Mon Ami Winery

http://www.monamiwinery.com/
  • Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maumee Bay State Resort (further West than you listed) and Huron Creek Resort (a bit East of what you've mentioned).

There is a gazebo in the park in downtown Sandusky and we see weddings there from time to time.2 possibly reception venues would be Lyman Harbour, might be too casual, and Sandusky Yacht Club.  Again, this is further East than you stated.

Have you thought about Port Clinton Yacht Club?
  • Options
    ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I just saw your message from the other day. Glad to help! Did you decide on which place you're going to use? Keep us posted! Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking at Maume Bay State Resort, and I really like them a lot too! We're going to plan a trip to go look at both places, but I'm thinking Maumee. :)
    I feel bad cause now everyone is going to have to drive pretty far, instead of just Nate's family, but it's fair that way, I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards