Christian Weddings

Merry CHRISTmas!

Just wanted to wish any ladies around right now, or that may check later, a Merry CHRISTmas, remembering to keep Jesus at the center. I've been obsessed with Brandon Heath's song "The Night Before Christmas" this holiday season, with it really keeping me remembering exactly what Jesus' birth rescued us, humanity, from.

"Empty manger, perfect stranger about to be born
Into darkness, sadness, desperate madness, creation so torn
We were so lost on earth, no peace, no worth, no way to escape
In fear, no faith, no hope, no grace, and no light
But that was the night before Christmas...!"

The fact of it is, we forget that Jesus' birth changed the course of history. That is a miracle we can never forget; not now at the season or really all year. I know all my fellow Christian knotties know that, but I just wanted to share these lyrics for those that enjoy the song, or even those who have never heard it. And if you haven't, you need to!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Re: Merry CHRISTmas!

• edited December 2011
    What a beautiful reminder. Merry Christmas to you too!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • mo0nangelmo0nangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amen!! Merry Christmas!! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jesus is amazing.  Counting my blessings every day.  We are inviting a couple to our wedding who have basically been part of the FI's family for a long time and the husband has terminal cancer, and has recently received a 6-months-left estimate, and we are really really praying that he makes it all the way to July.  I think he is excited about making it, and the rest of the family knows that it will probably be the last time to spend with him.  We are TOTALLY okay with this, because life is so much more important than one single day like a wedding.  We will treasure this couple in our lives, whether her husband can make it, or not.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    It's a day late (I am always late posting on here, haha), but Merry Christmas to all of you, too! I hope you all had a wonderful day with your families celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards