New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Back Again

Hi,
I was married many years ago and since then have been divorced. This board helped me tremendously the first time around and I'm back for great ideas/advice.   I am now engaged again to my high school sweet heart.  We are deciding if we want to have a wedding locally or do a destination wedding.  Have any of you been to a desintation wedding, do many people show up??
Any help would be great.

Re: Back Again

• Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually don't have any dw advice, just wanted to say congrats on your engagement!

Jaimie
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I went to a dw in Miami. Well the bride was from there so it was local to her side, but all of the groom's family was from NY. There were about 200 people at the wedding, and just about everyone from the groom's family (cousins and all) went to the wedding - Miami in February was delightful!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am planing a destination vow renewal not a wedding so i am no help there.

but as long as you give everyone enough notice so that they have some time to save im sure everyone who loves you & wants to share your special day will be there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was a BM in a wedding that took place in Turks and Caicos and there was about 30 people in total. Neither side had large families at all and it was maybe 10 family and 20 friends
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    grats and welcomeeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    foreverbossyforeverbossy member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your help, just like I remembered it.  I have to go over pros/cons of both. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting back together with your first love! And welcome to the board!

As far as the local vs. destination wedding - Think about the feel you want for your day, and how many people will travel if go with a destination. And are you ok if some people are unable to attend. Even with a save the date, some people may not travel depending on how far the destination is.

Also, what does your fiance want? Decide on the "dream" wedding that you both envision. And then plan together to come up with something that works for both of you.

Good luck!
  • Options
    foreverbossyforeverbossy member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks TerriandJoe for the great advice! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards