Vineyard Weddings

flowers

Hey girls! Well Im at a dead end with my flowers. I wanted to do real flowers but Im starting to think I should make fake ones to cut costs. Well Im doing a grape/wine theme but its not at a vineyard. The bm are wearing the dress by alexiadesigns #2260. The dress will be all black with burgandy trim. Im trying to find cute pictures but everything I look at the flowers almost look red. And I dont want my bouquet all white I want some color. Maybe you girls can help me find some pics? Thanks soo much!

Re: flowers

• Check with your florist, but for my flowers (depending on what kind of flowers you want) it was close to the same price for real ones versus fake ones. Not to mention, they are much prettier. You could do fake flowers in certain things, for example, our decor at the ceremony is fake, but all the bouquets and such are real.
  • My colors are very similar also... the BM dresses are all Lapis... beautiful, rich dark purple. 
    The bouquets will have white/cream roses, possibly some small light green spray roses and a few "black" (dark purple) calla lillies for a pop of color.  I did a test run (of course didn't bother to take pics... DUH!!!) but it looks gorgeous.
    The guys will have just a cream rose for the boutineer and Fi will have 2 cream roses and a black calla.
    We are ordering all of our flowers online (the roses from Sam's Club- still researching on the callas) and doing the bouquets ourselves.  Florists were quoting some outrageous prices... and callas can be expensive, but I think we will be able to get all of ours for under $250.  (1 bridal bouquet, 1 MOH, 6 BM, 1 toss, 5 corsages and about 10 boutineers)... not too bad.

Here is a pic of what I am going for... BUT... instead of pink, the roses will be white and instead of white, the callas will be "black" (dark purple)

Here is a general idea of what it would look like in purple/white

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • When it came down to price, our florist said it was more what flower you picked, not real or fake. We are using roses and orchids for ours. The roses are the cheapest and orchids can be pricey.  I think that real flowers are much prettier.

Good luck. Be sure to share your final decision with us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards