Getting in Shape

Need the motivation

I have never found working out to be any fun, and actually dread the idea of it. Does anyone have any idea of a way to get me motivated to do it!

Re: Need the motivation

• What have you tried as far as working out goes? 
    Because hiking, biking, gym classes, playing sports, etc are all working out. 
    If you just don't like running on the tredmill inthe gym for an hour, then don't. Find something you love. 
    It wasn't until I found the Les Mills classes that I became a huge gym-goer and now I feel guilty if I miss even one day a week. 
  • Ditto firsttimmers. Also, what if you and a friend workout together? That would be more fun, and it also helps to keep you both accountable. It's easier to cancel your solo plans to workout, but you're less likely to cancel on a friend. The first steps are the hardest, and don't get discouraged if you don't find a workout you like at first. Give it time, you got this!
    Photobucket
  • I've found that I need something I love to do in order to have the motivation to do it. For me it is rollerblading for an hour, however, I would have no interest in walking or running for an hour unless I was with someone else to give me motivation. Do different things and try different exercises -- once you find something you love, you won't need the motivation for it! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Me too! Even when FI goes I find a hard time to get the energy. I feel like there's no way I'm going to see real results:/
  • Me too! Even when FI goes I find a hard time to get the energy. I feel like there's no way I'm going to see real results:/
  • Personally, when I need help getting back into the swing of things at the gym, I go to classes- like cycling, cardio kickboxing etc. They are so much fun and they take your mind off of the passing time.
    And my advice is to keep thinking of how awesome you will feel afterwards! HIgh intensity work-outs (like the classes I mentioned) will give you a natural high. And after a while, your mood will be just generally brighter.

• Thank you these are all very helpful!!
  • Has anyone bought any of the bridal workout dvd's?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards