Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Bridesmaids dresses for November

Is it totally wrong to ask your bridesmaids to wear a black tea length dress in November? We are taking pictures outside in Center City before the wedding so it will be like noon til 3:30ish. Do you think it'll be too cold? I want them to be able to wear the dress again. Its gonna be a plain tea length strapless black dress.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
11/11/11

*Make A Wish*

Re: Bridesmaids dresses for November

• edited December 2011
    I think it'll be fine, especially if the girls wear closed-toed shoes or something so that they can wear stockings with the dress.  A good bridesmaid gift might also be a pashmina in your wedding color to help keep them warm - sometimes wearing those in photos looks great, too :) 

This photo is from luvdelilah's wedding and shows off the pashminas and the black dresses nicely - I think it's such a cute photo.

• edited December 2011
    Nahhh...it should be fine. November is one of those months that can be really warm sometimes.
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on November 6th of this year and my bms are wearing clover tea length dresses.  I think it'll be fine.  The 11th isn't too late into the month either so I think they'll be okay.  Last November 6th it was in the 70's.   I am buying them matching pashminas to go over their dresses as part of their gift just in case.  Pictures really don't take that long so I'm not worried about it.  I wanted to be safe so I just picked a color and the length and my bms picked their own dresses.  HTH!
    Photobucket
  • jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bridesmaids-dresses-november?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:c0eda748-7b41-4ec9-b6e0-fae319429b47Post:e023f6ed-dba6-446f-83ba-f0bab1e504e4">Re: Bridesmaids dresses for November</a>:
    [QUOTE] Last November 6th it was in the 70's.  
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, it was in the 50's last November 6th.  Take it from someone who knows :)  Still a gorgeous day though.  Plenty of sunshine.

re: original post - I think you're fine.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Jess re: 11/6/09.  My nose was running all over the place from being outside before the ceremony started.  It was chilly.  But my girls were in cocktail length for outside pictures and they were fine.  I got them pashminas but they didn't need to use them.
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are correct, I hit the wrong key and did not double check.  Thanks for correcting my error.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards