Wisconsin

midwest sound and lights

Has anyone worked with them yet or been to a weding that went with them?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: midwest sound and lights

• jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using them for our Sept. wedding.  There are both positive and negative reviews on other threads on this board.  Do a search below and you will find the other threads.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using them for our wedding. On the Mpls boards there are tons of brides using them, and they have the best reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    I have them booked for my oct 2012 wedding, no concerns thus far.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_midwest-sound-lights-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:a3bd0879-e694-4481-a241-dfe77b05d455Post:d4e7b82b-5c9b-4aff-a869-822a9c65e60a">Re: midwest sound and lights</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have them booked for my oct 2012 wedding, no concerns thus far.
    Posted by jonesma204[/QUOTE]

Did you do uplighting with them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aestenzaestenz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Chad from Midwest Sounds as our dj on 4/2. He was great and did an awesome job. Our dance floor was never empty. We also used them for up lighting and our room looked gorgeous. We went with the biggest uplighting package available because the room we had sat 300 so it was a large room. The amount of lighting and the placement of the lights was perfect.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_midwest-sound-lights-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:a3bd0879-e694-4481-a241-dfe77b05d455Post:ad5dec69-1ed2-4c62-b7de-75ec3e33e314">Re: midwest sound and lights</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: midwest sound and lights : Did you do uplighting with them?
    Posted by npott044[/QUOTE]

I did not go with up lighting, it is something i will need to look into. I believe my venue is already equipt (war memorial center) with basic uplighting. I am considering adding it though. I did however negotiate a FREE wireless mike ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_midwest-sound-lights-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:a3bd0879-e694-4481-a241-dfe77b05d455Post:e9bae378-86c4-4372-9789-a2560463ac7f">Re: midwest sound and lights</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had Chad from Midwest Sounds as our dj on 4/2. He was great and did an awesome job. Our dance floor was never empty. We also used them for up lighting and our room looked gorgeous. We went with the biggest uplighting package available because the room we had sat 300 so it was a large room. The amount of lighting and the placement of the lights was perfect.
    Posted by aestenz[/QUOTE]

can i ask what it cost for your uplighting?
  • aestenzaestenz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our uplighting package was $395 because we had a huge room so we went with the biggest package available. I believe they told us that is starts at $95 and goes up to $395 depending on how much uplighting you need.
  • edited December 2011
    We are also using Midwest for our January 2012 wedding. We went with the biggest uplighting package as well, but they discounted it $100, making it $295. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NicnJen01NicnJen01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're using them for our wedding next year.  My Fiance used to work for them and they're very good, we're going to have Chad do the music as he and my Fiance got along so well.  They're also doing a July wedding for my Fiancee's cousin as well.

They're super professional in how they require their DJ's to act, They want them to use lights, the DJ's are not allowed to drink, need to be in formal attire and do what they're supposed to do.  My Fiance has told me that sometimes management would come and check on them during a wedding with out them knowing to ensure that things were going well- always motivation to keep the guys on their A-Game because you never know who's watching!

• edited December 2011
    Try Smoov Music! Just had them and they were awesome! They had great LED up-lighting at a very reasonable cost and know their stuff. I highly recommend them since they made our night truly memorable. www.SmoovMusicDJ.com">www.smoovmusicdj.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are having them for a May 2012 wedding in La Crosse, we first saw them at FI's brothers wedding last fall and they were fantastic. the dance floor was packed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards