Ohio-Toledo

The good, the bad and the ugly... (reviews) with Photos!

Here goes!

Ceremony

Ceremony Site- Private Golf Course Brandywine Country Club. BEAUTIFUL and Private. A+

Officiant- Robert Rudolph, First Unitarian Church, Toledo. Great to work with, very accommodating, A
Ceremony Music- Sarah Moden, Harpist. I really couldn’t tell you how good she was… I was so overwhelmed with what was going on that I didn’t really hear her! But I heard she was great! A

Reception
Reception Site- Brandywine Country Club, Kristin Meyer was AMAZING to work with! I really don’t have one bad thing to say about them. They bent over backwards to accommodate our every need! I am an out of town bride and Kristin was so great when I envisioned and idea as to how to execute it. A++
Caterer- Brandywine.  Food was amazing! A++
Chair Covers/Linens- I only did Linens since Brandywine has White Chairs. We used Linentablecloth.com- Wait for a good coupon and they are cheaper than renting! A+
Bakery- Kristy’s Bake Shop-Delish! And well priced! A

DJ/Band- East River Drive-They made the party! A

Favors- Old Navy Flip Flops and a Self Serve Candy Bar, A

Other

Transportation- We just used our white SUVs and a FREE shuttle from Courtyard by Marriott Maumee. A+
Florist- MY ONLY DISAPPOINTING VENDOR… We booked Beautiful Blooms by Jen based on the reviews and unfortunately it was a real let down. After many calls/email and reviews from friends in the area I realized we may have made a mistake booking her so we cut her portion of the flowers down to the bouquets, boutonniere and arch flowers. The arch flowers were wrong and the bouquets were dying when they were delivered. The toss bouquet was literally tossed in the trash it was so bad. After all was said I done, I know things can go wrong with a wedding, but I gave this vendor the opportunity to resolve the situation and she said I was out of luck. This is the only vendor I would not recommend. I ended up with Overpriced Dead Flowers
L  D-

Wedding Planner- SORIEE TOLEDO. AMAZING. They designed all of my bulk flowers were ordered from Sam’s Club and did our Centerpieces. When people kept running up to me telling me things they shouldn’t I would grab Kim or Denise and they would come to my rescue! They also kept everything on time and the processional order in line. Confirmed all of my vendors, knew all of my special details and worked with Brandywine to make sure they were executed perfectly. They made it easy. SOOOOO affordable, HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE! A+++++++

Miscellaneous equipment- Chargers Rented from Meredith Party Rentals - Very affordable, like $0.75/each! Also were flexible to pick up and drop off dates. A

Photography
Photographer- Another FAVORAITE VENDOR! Lindsay Marie Photography (formally Lindsay hoover) is AMAZING. She went above and beyond. Showed up early, stayed late. Worked with my not so photogenic husband, and crazy family. From what I have seen so far, the shots are beautiful. The whole bridal party loved her, she was so great to work with. A+++++

Videographer- None
Photobooth- None
Picture Locations-Downtown Maumee, Dales Bar, Brandywine Country Club. All A++
Engagement Pictures- Charlotte, NC

Beauty / Attire
Rings- Engagement Ring-Holland Sylvania. My fiancé had it custom designed. They were great to work with apparently. Wedding Bands-Kay Jewelers

Wedding dress- NY Bride and Groom, Charlotte, NC. Gown- Maggie Sottero A++++
Alterations- Same A++

Tuxes- Suit from Kohls! They guys loved the idea of buying their suits and they were all of $140 on sale!
Bridesmaid Dresses- The Dessy Group. They all choose their own style, but they all had to be gray, the same fabric and designer. The girls loved them. When they came in they were all too big!
L So B+ due to alterations!
Hair- Butterfly Sophisticate. My hair- A, Bridesmaids Hair- C. We used these ladies because they come onsite. My hair turned out great due to a hair trial I had before hand. The bridesmaid had mixed feelings about their hair. Some loved it, some hated it… Bummer
Makeup- Liz from Embellir Salon Maumee. The ONLY Airbrush Makeup Salon I found in Toledo! Liz came onsite and did my make up and my sisters. Turned out great and lasted all night. I ended up a little shiny but I don’t know if that was from the makeup for the dancing
J A-

Tanning- Sunspray Airbrush Tanning by Kathryn- I love her! I got a groupon for me and my mother-in-law. She does such a great job and its soooooooo much better for you than a tanning bed! Highly recommend! A+
Jewelry-Etsy, Maylui Designs A+, quick ship, beautiful pieces!

All Things Paper
Save the Dates- Vista Print A+ (so cheap!!!!) Turned out great! I highly recommend the magnetic save-the-dates and theirs only needs 1 stamp!

Invitations- Wedding Paper Divas, Cards and Pockets. Wedding paper divas did the invitation and return and we used cards and pockets for the petal fold, belly band and emblem. A+ (but don’t pay for the belly bands….cut some construction paper yourself!)

Menus- Vista Print A+ Beautiful!

Programs- Vista Print A+ Loved them
Memorial Banner- Highly recommend one of these. So many people thanked me for including those who could not be there with us! (vista print)

That was exhausting... But I hope my reviews help others before they make the same mistakes I did!!!!

Next post will be for sale items :o

Re: The good, the bad and the ugly... (reviews) with Photos!

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wow, your wedding looked beautiful! And you are stunning!!

So sorry to hear about your flowers....what a disappointment :(

And I want to steal your puppy dog!!!

Congrats, and thanks for the reviews!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Glad to hear things turned out so well-- except for your flowers. What a bummer! 
    Congrats on being a newlywed :)
  • Arayx2Arayx2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS. Everything looked great and you looked stunning :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, kbrelo, I am also getting married at Brandywine and I'm trying to figure out where at the golf course you got married! SOOO BEAUTIFUL! Kristin (LOVE HER TOO!!!) only showed us the fireside room and the courtyard! What was that area called? And did you have the arch brought in or is that theirs? That is the exact type of arch I wanted but wasn't sure how the heck to haul it into the fireside room! I am SOOOO wanting mine outside now! LOL Also, you said that you ordered linens. I was under the impression that they were included! What exactly did you order? They had us pick our tablecloths and what color napkins we wanted.  I saw the pic of your table set up. Soo beautiful! I'm sorry to ask soo many questions, but our wedding is in 4 and a half months, wooohoooo, and I have an appointment with her next thursday, and seriously want to change my ceremony to outside now! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful and the wedding looked amazing! Its unfortunate about the flowers though. One question though, I am also thinking about getting a spray tan. How often before the wedding did you get it done? and did you have any problems with the tan coming off when you sweat or anything? All I can imagine is sweating and tan coming off on a white dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all! Here are the responses to your questions-

Jenn-Congrats! Your wedding will be BEAUITFUL at Brandywine!
    -We got married on the Private Golf Green. I found the patio was far too loud with the street near by. The Private course is just across the street from the parking lot and is surrounded by trees and houses. The residents of the houses actually sat on their patios and watched. it was sweet!
    -I ordered the arch online and my father-in-law put it together. Wasn't cheap... and I couldnt find anyone who rented the wood style. His reward was he got to keep it and put it in their yard since we live in NC
    -I am a crazy bride and only like floor length linen which is why we orderd it. The club provides white or ivory (we did ivory on some accent tables). I also found the hall to be pretty white in general so the colored linen really popped. We used their napkins!
    **please let me know if you have any more questions about anything. I had so much fun planning with Kristin! Just private message me :o)

Akirken-
    I did a spray tan trail when I was up the first week of April for my shower. And then had it done friday before the wedding. It did come off on my white rehearsal dinner dress a little with sweat, but I showered the next morning and had no issues on my wedding gown. Kathryn walks you through everything. MUCH BETTER THAN MYSTIC TAN!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful wedding ! May I ask where did you get your black candlebras from? Were they rented?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Antoinette,

I purchased them online through a wholesaler. I am selling them though! I have 13 available. I paid $22/each for them and am selling them for $18.

I went with these over other candelabras due to open flame restrictions. Then I ordered 6 hour Tealights from 100candles.com

:)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for getting back to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards