New Jersey

Providing vases to the florist?

I saw someone mention below that they provided the vases for their florist to cut costs.  Have others done this?  If so, what florists were open to this?

One florist I met with quoted $10 more for a single submerged orchid in a tall vase than a whole big floral centerpiece in a medium vase!
ExerciseMilestone image

Re: Providing vases to the florist?

• Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I did this. I bought the vases from a knottie and then brought them to the florist. It saved so much money. My florist didnt mind at all. She was open to it them as long as they were clean and all.
  • maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It didnt matter, Santos provided the vases and picked them up the next day, no extra charges. I had the submerged orchid for no extra fee.
  • edited December 2011
    I am also doing a submerged orchid as one of our centerpieces. We were quoted the same price for all our centerpieces (submerged orchid, small rectangle vase with all mini calla lilis and a floral arrangement).
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My florist was open to it. He just charged me for the flowers, put them together and delivered them.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My florist (Nathan at Avenue Flowers) gave us this option.  We bought all of our vases at Mueller's in Newark for a fraction of the price we saw them for elsewhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards