Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

David's Bridal Photography

Hi, has anyone done their wedding photography through David's Bridal? I want to hear about them! I'm in the Philadelphia, PA area.

Re: David's Bridal Photography

• This is a new service they're offering so there aren't many reviews yet but I know they'll start trickling in and be awful. Do you  really want to hire a dress shop to shoot your wedding? They contract out photographers for very little pay, most of them photographers who don't shoot full time or have a ton of wedding experience. I know this because I received inquiries multiple times from their team and read the "application" to be a photographer - they ask about your equipment and that's about it. You really don't want to hire someone whose business isn't going to be personally liable if something goes wrong. Just read some other horror stories here about brides who hired other big box photo companies like The Pros and Bella. It's ugly.
  • I wouldnt do it. All it is a an "umbrella company" set up. You pay them and they in turn hire a random freelance photographer from your city and send them to your wedding. You do not get to pick your actual photographer and so you'll have no idea how your pictures will turn out. Its like the grab bag of photographers. You'll be much better off hiring an individual so that you can get personal service and not just be another number in a computer somewhere. 
  • edited January 2012
    I just booked them for my wedding in march.
  • I'm from Galveston TX but had my wedding in Levittown Pennsylvania because I'm from there. I loved DBP!!!! Got married on November 19, 2011 and got all my prints, CD, and album already. I am extremely happy with my pictures and I highly recommend them!!!! My photographer was amazing. He was kinda weird, but I didn't care he took awesome pictures lol. I never met him but had talked to him on the phone numerous times. He did his own thing which was exactly what I wanted. If you trust them and are not up their behind all day, they will do a fantastic job. My pictures could be in a magazine. :) hope I helped!!!
  • Hey, im using davids bridal photography and all of the sudden i got super nervous about them, Unfortunately, my wedding is in four months and if i break the contract they keep 50% of my money. Some people say stay away, and some say they were great. I met a photographer today and her photos were amazing for a reasonable preice, not as good as davids, but at least  you can see her work.  At this point i think im going to stay with them because i have to now. But im afraid they will be bad. Is there anyway anyone could post some photos that they got done by them?
  • Hey, im using davids bridal photography and all of the sudden i got super nervous about them, Unfortunately, my wedding is in four months and if i break the contract they keep 50% of my money. Some people say stay away, and some say they were great. I met a photographer today and her photos were amazing for a reasonable preice, not as good as davids, but at least  you can see her work.  At this point i think im going to stay with them because i have to now. But im afraid they will be bad. Is there anyway anyone could post some photos that they got done by them?
  • HI,

I ended up contracting an independent photographer, I was a bit skeptical of them, I have heard both good and bad thing. Guess it can happen with anyone or anywhere. Good Luck to you all! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards