Oklahoma

I need a venue?

I'm frantically searching the internet and wracking my brain for a romantic venue that won't cost over $500. We've set the date for over a year from now, but I need to get the ball rolling. OKC/Norman area??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need a venue?

• VNEluvsAJBVNEluvsAJB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Belmar would be in your budget if you got catering through them. Maybe Cobblestone Creek. Both are golf courses in the Norman area. I also know people who've had weddings at OU and have been told that it's really reasonable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid $350 for the Round Barn on Route 66 and it was fantastic!

I'm an AW, so here are some pics.  lol

BTW, I realize Arcadia isn't in the Norman area, but when you take the highway there and then route 66, it's really not that far.  30 minutes probably.  And for the price, you really can't beat the location.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cobblestone is our venue! Love it! Unfortunately it's out of your 500 budget. Try Sam noble. I believe it's very close to your budget.
  • maryvlambmaryvlamb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try Old Trinity of Paseo, it's $3800 but that includes everything.  It's small and very romantic, the only thing you need is a dress and a photographer.  They take care of everything else (flowers, cake, officiant, etc.)

• edited December 2011
    I second Old Trinity of Paseo.  That is where I am getting married though.  Ha.  In all honesty, the ladies that run the place are great, and the prices are really good.  Like maryvlamb said, the prices include everything, but I do believe that you can also just rent the place out.  I'm not sure what the rates are for that though. 

Check out the capital building.  Last I heard you could have a ceremony/reception there for little to no cost.  They do have quite a few restrictions, one being no alcohol.  Not that you have to have it, but for us it would be a deal breaker. 

Also maybe look into public parks, things like that.  I'm sure you could reserve some space, maybe the pavilions they have.  I would think the prices wouldn't be bad there either.
  • edited December 2011

I'm not getting married in a church so I don't know how much they are, but I think they are relatively inexpensive (some even free).  There is a church downtown that is beautiful inside and out, it's the First Unitarian Church and they have a package that costs $600, might be worth checking out.

Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Capital is totally awesome! all you pay for is Security, but they also don't use the heat OR air conditioning if they aren't in session so definitely check into that before you pick a date!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_need-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:68540e3a-679d-4b81-9ebb-9f650277c744Post:04e67106-388a-45b7-999a-e406a1e74df4">Re: I need a venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Capital is totally awesome! all you pay for is Security, but they also don't use the heat OR air conditioning if they aren't in session so definitely check into that before you pick a date!
    Posted by maryvlamb[/QUOTE]

<div>I actually don't remember security costs being listed on the website, but you do pay for chair rental and a sound system if you want that. They also don't allow dancing (other than the first dance) or alcohol if you're considering a reception there as well.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    if you are having a small wedding (around 60 people) then Morrison Floral off Meridian has a Conservatory you can rent for $650 and the day of if you follow their rules which are pretty basic and have family or friends help clean up after they refund you $150 so it winds up being $500. The catch is that you have to get your flowers through them but they told me, "we don't care if you go down the aisle with a rose in your teeth as your only flowers, we just want to say we were your florist" lol. Very nice and helpful when you go in too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I third Old Trinity Chapel.

Beautiful, Elegant, Small ...

It's totally perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the capital and the only rental fees are for chairs, tables, stage, etc. I'm only having my ceremony here due to the no dancing rule and no a/c (it's an August wedding). But it'll be less than $500 for me and it's already beautiful so I'm not doing a lot of decorations, if any.

Another place is the Charles E. Sparks Rose Garden. I forget the exact fees but I'm pretty sure it's within your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They don't currently have security listed, but since I was getting married so close to elections they were going to charge me a CRAZY amount of money for wedding security.  The woman I spoke with told me it was something new they had started.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards