New York

Wegmans Florist?

Hey Ladies!

I met with a florist for a consultation with my flowers and WOW - it was way more expensive than I was anticipating.

I've heard that Wegmans has slightly lower pricing, and I'm always impressed by the floral department when I'm in there.  Has anyone used them for their wedding?  ...or know of anyone who has?

Thanks for the help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wegmans Florist?

• edited December 2011
    Book early... they were full for my date when I looked into it about 8 months before.  I was going to use them to just order flowers in bulk for me, but found them waaaay cheaper through Sams Club.  If going through Wegmans, go directly to the store in DeWitt (the HUGE one)... they do the most weddings and are the best (this coming from a Wegmans floral person).  The other stores sometimes have to just stick random employees in the floral dept... but the DeWitt store has full time legit florists.  HTH.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking for an affordable florist and spoke with Wegmans (I think in Pittsford.)  They were very reasonably priced.  But actually, I ended up booking FloralFX of Rochester, who was even cheaper!  So far, I've been impressed with her portfolio and ideas.  The photos on the website don't do her justice, she has a really nice portfolio that she showed me when we met.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MCTD31MCTD31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on checking out Empire Flower Supply, they're a wholesale florist in downtown Syracuse. I've heard Price Chopper has a good, inexpensive floral department too. You could also check out various flower farms throughout the area. If you're a DIYer you could save buy ordering bulk and arranging your own centerpieces and bouquets...which is what I plan to do. I'm one of those girls that thinks it's ridiculous to spend money on something that will just die in a day so I'm trying to save wherever I can on the flowers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    MCTD-  if you are doing DIY, check Sam's Club online (if you or any parents/friends are a member)...  I ended up DIY-ing my bouquets and got 200 gorgeous white roses for about $180... less than $1/a stem.   I checked Price Chopper, Wegmans and a few other places that would order wholesale, but Sams was the cheapest.   I did non-floral centerpieces b/c I have the same attitude you do... "they're gonna die"... lol
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Wegmans but the lady told me they were unable to make a bouquet out of tulips. I was not impressed, plus she was kind of rude. I love Wegmans but in this case I felt like they failed.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice ladies!  I'm hoping to get a consult at the Canandaigua Wegmans.  Not as mammoth as the DeWitt Wegmans, but my venue is in Canandaigua - less travel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    last time I was up to Belhurst we got to sneak a peak at our room set up for a wedding, and their floral arrangements were from Wegmans.  I was rather impressed.

We haven't met with any florists yet, there is one in town that's a family friend who I know is assuming they will be doing our weddign so I'm anxious to see how much they will be because I feel obliged to use them.  I think its definitely worth checking out Wegmans though. 

Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards