Honeymoon Discussions

July honeymoon

We're looking for a budget-friendly honeymoon, probably 4-6 days, in mid/late July. We love the Caribbean, but it's Hurricane season. :(

Oh, and we're already going to Hawaii in June for a friend's wedding.

Suggestions?

Re: July honeymoon

• I've heard several stories about HM's in the caribbean during hurricane season and no one was the wiser. Just buy insurance for your trip and you wont have to worry about changing your plans at the last minute.
  • Our wedding is July 24th and we are waiting until the end of Sept to go on a honeymoon.....We are just going away for a few days.  Amybe you could try the last minute vacations to Florida or Hilton Head....

• How about Mexico? While it’s technically hurricane season there, most occur between August and October so I think you should be just fine. One area I would recommend you look into is Puerto Vallarta, in particular Dreams Puerto Vallarta. It’s a fabulous all-inclusive resort with a gorgeous beach. I think this would be the perfect spot for your honeymoon. The resort provides a great balance of leisure and activity. It’s really up to you how much you want to do. You can spend your day lounging by the pool sipping cocktails or take on more adventurous activities such as kayaking and windsurfing.

The food is also amazing. However, the best part about dining at the resort is that there are no wristbands or reservations required. I honestly felt so relaxed the entire time I was there.

• We're going to Barbados in July and I'm not worried about hurricanes. My dad grew up in the bahamas...August to October is when you should be worrying, here is the poem we always learned:

June- too soon. July-- stand by!  August-- look out you must.  September-- remember. October, all over.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards