Not Engaged Yet

I'm having a lot of weird dreams

Lately I've had very vivid, realistic dreams every single night. Every night they involve me having a baby. Sometimes it's a newborn and sometimes it's a toddler, but the baby is always with my SO. He's in every dream. At first I just woke up and thought "how odd, I had a dream about a baby" but now that it's ever single night, i'm starting to get weirded out.

In the dream last night, my SO and I were sitting in his house with our baby. An intruder broke in his house and was trying to steal the baby. Both of our guns jammed and wouldnt work (we're both daily gun carriers.) The person got away with the baby, and I immediately woke up crying my eyes out.

Has anyone else ever gone through a time with weird dreams like this? Am I crazy?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm having a lot of weird dreams

• Oh jeez! I Would not want to have dreams like that at all? Have you been wondering lately if you were preggers?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-having-a-lot-of-weird-dreams?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:685beb2f-449d-44ac-8951-1e5b2fc71c18Post:11c7bfff-05c6-4075-8b33-b14d11164c1c">Re: I'm having a lot of weird dreams</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh jeez! I Would not want to have dreams like that at all? Have you been wondering lately if you were preggers?
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope, I've never wondered that. I haven't missed any periods, so as far as I know, everything is normal in that department. </div>
  • PhotoDerbyPhotoDerby member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I have weird dreams, rarely about babies, but definitely "wake up crying/super upset" dreams once every few months. Usually a similarly stressful situation to what occur in yours with my SO and I, or my parents/siblings/nephews.

According to my awesome googling skills, babies in dreams can represent new things or your inner child, and the obvious ovary-induced I WANT BABY NOW sort of thing.

My SO is all about what things mean in dreams, usually I drown him out and mumble something about no more tacos. If it's a reoccurring thing though, it might be something worth digging into. Some sort of stress/issue working itself out, maybe?

Good luck figuring it out, it sounds like a terrible way to wake up.
    Photobucket
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Do you have a major change coming up in your life?  I think that's what usually sets off pregnancy/baby dreams.  It is for me at least.
  • I have been thinking about a lot of changes coming up soon, like SO going to Medical School and me applying for grad schools. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Photo, my first thought was that I subconsciously wanted a baby. But the more I thought about it theres NO way thats what it is. I would freak if I was actually pregnant, Lol. 

Who knows. Maybe tonight I'll take a sleeping pill with the hopes of dream-free sleep.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-having-a-lot-of-weird-dreams?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:685beb2f-449d-44ac-8951-1e5b2fc71c18Post:81f69e66-a122-40fc-a4c9-4dfcfed1b1d4">Re: I'm having a lot of weird dreams</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been thinking about a lot of changes coming up soon, <strong>like SO going to Medical School</strong> and me applying for grad schools. Maybe that has something to do with it. Photo, my first thought was that I subconsciously wanted a baby. But the more I thought about it theres NO way thats what it is. I would freak if I was actually pregnant, Lol.  Who knows. Maybe tonight I'll take a sleeping pill with the hopes of dream-free sleep.
    Posted by Chelseaclayy[/QUOTE]

My FI is in med school.  Where does your BF want to go?
  • New Orleans is his first choice, but he would be fine with Shreveport also. His older brother is doing his residency in Nola, so we would love to be in the same city as him. In reality, he would be thankful to get in anywhere, kwim?
  • I've been having really vivid dreams of BF breaking up with me lately. Some are so ridiculous I know they can't be true, like in one dream, BF broke up with me because he was upset about how I got highlights awhile ago and didn't bother to maintain them, so the bottom of my hair looks lighter than the rest. Other dreams seemed totally legit and I've woken up crying at least twice in the last few weeks. The worst was the one day when I had a late shift at work so I slept in and when I woke up my bf wasn't in bed next to me (because he works a regular job and was already at work).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards