African American Weddings
Options

Xp: doing your own make-up?

Do you plan to do your own make-up or know another bride that did hers with success for her wedding? I have quality products, but am thinking of doing it myself?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary

Re: Xp: doing your own make-up?

• Options
    I had every intention and plan of doing my own but, my lil cousin REFUSES to let this happen...lol.  Her friend works for MAC and will come to do mine.  My friend Kelly did her own and her pics look flawless
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @realhappy...really wishing I had the hook up right now..lol, but I dont think imma freak out then, I use clinque make-up..and im used to doing my own..ill just be a souped up version of myself...thanks for the advice..
  • Options
    I use clinque to!! great skin-care products :)
    Clarifying Lotion 2 saved my teenaged years... stopped my breakouts dead in their tracks... <3 my mom :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

IMO, even if you have the best products, you are going to feel nervous on your wedding day. If you can, you should have someone else do it so you can relax and clear your mind during that time.

The less the bride has to do on the big day, the better!

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    I planned to do mine but with it being in June I'm concerned about the heat. So I plan to have someone do it professionally. It won't cost much though. With hair and make up its $115 ($55 for Makeup and  $60 for her to do my hair which will be simple).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    RealHappyGalRealHappyGal member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    If you age going to have some1 else do it just make sure you have a "trial run" first.  You dont want their flair and your style to clash.... 

That is actually the reason Kelly ended up doing her own because she likes her make up to be barely noticible and every1 wanted to add DRAMA to her face.... so, she decided to do it herself, her way and stop searching for a makeup artist
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to be doing my own makeup.. I thought about hiring a MUA... but I don't have the money to do what I really want (pay for my girls, mom, and aunt as well)... and my girls all know how to do thier own make up really well!.... Honestly I'm still on the fence about it.. we'll see.. I'm giving myself 2 more weeks until I decide.. I have some friends that are professionals that can do it... but I don't know Undecided
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_xp-doing-your-own-make-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e2ac1d1f-0f87-414d-be46-060e40b3b8a9Post:e69be8cc-6fcd-4805-abb5-6d8d484f0370">Re: Xp: doing your own make-up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@realhappy...really <strong>wishing I had the hook up right now</strong>..lol, but I dont think imma freak out then, I use clinque make-up..and im used to doing my own..ill just be a souped up version of myself...thanks for the advice..
    Posted by joneka[/QUOTE]

Sme here! I am having same issue and might end up doing my own :/
  • Options
    I am a part time MUA I won't be doing my own makeup going to hire some one I want to feel pampered
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_xp-doing-your-own-make-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e2ac1d1f-0f87-414d-be46-060e40b3b8a9Post:7a2f375d-2aa1-44eb-9e16-6a569c43a38d">Re: Xp: doing your own make-up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I am a part time MUA</strong> I won't be doing my own makeup going to hire some one I want to feel pampered
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

wish you were close by!! :)
  • Options
    Im doing my own makeup just because I dont normally wear a lot of makeup as it is.  I just dont see a point of hiring someone to put on mascara!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

• Options
    My Matron of Honor did her own makeup and hair for her wedding, BUT she is a hairstylist and makeup artist.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    I'm gonna have to hire a MUA, just b/c I don't usually wear make-up and don't want to mess up my face by doing it on my own, which is likely to happen....lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    @missowens..lol..ur a mess girlie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_xp-doing-your-own-make-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e2ac1d1f-0f87-414d-be46-060e40b3b8a9Post:aca77ed4-1fa7-42d8-988e-c25bfecbf822">Re: Xp: doing your own make-up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Xp: doing your own make-up? : wish you were close by!! :)
    Posted by EBONYROBERT[/QUOTE]

If I was closer I would love to help you :)
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards