Massachusetts-Boston

Turner Hill in Ipswich???

I am holding a date at Turner Hill in Ipswich. Has anyone had their wedding there or gone to a wedding there??? I havent been able to find really any reviews and although the mansion is beautiful, I am nervous about booking without hearing about others' experiences. HELP!

Re: Turner Hill in Ipswich???

• edited December 2011
    I dont have experience there, but I am having my wedding at Castle Hill in Ipswich and some things to keep in mind about the area:
    -lodging for your guests, if you have a lot of out of town guests it may be difficult to find a hotel that you can block rooms at.  We found the Rockport Inn and Suites, but from what I have heard  they are booking up room blocks very quickly because they are one of the few places in the area that doesn't require two nights stay and will do blocks (many won't)

-rehersal dinner--we had a tough time finding somewhere that was large and could accomodate our group.  We ended up going with the Harbor Room gloucester, but we (actually FMIL) has to hire an outside caterer and its almost like planning a mini wedding.  There are few restaurants in the area that have a function room.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Buzzbee1Buzzbee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted my wedding there but the price was tooo high for us!! I dod know someone who had there wedding there and everyone that went said it was the most beautiful place they had been!!
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend's sister in law just got married there in December. I heard the wedding was beautiful! Her sister-in-law has beautiful taste too. I think it is a little more costly than I was willing to spend but that was one that I liked too and I'm pickyLaughing
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • sandra78sandra78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People always say great things about that location!
  • ebigelowebigelow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married there in June but I can't tell you too much about it yet!  One of my friends did go to a wedding there last summer and said it was beautiful!  Sorry - I wish I could be more help! 

On a side note, I do have to agree with LexiMS about it being in a difficult location.  We are having a room block at the Crowne Plaza North Shore (formerly Sheraton Ferncroft) - I think it's the closest larger hotel, and it's about 9 miles (10-15 min) away.  We're providing a shuttle for guests from the hotel to the venue.  Also, we are having a difficult time trying to find a place for the rehearsal dinner, but there definitely are options.

Also, in terms of the catering, the exclusive caterer is Vinwood and we just recently went to another wedding where they were the caterer and it was excellent!

Good luck with your decision!
  • edited December 2011
    One of my close friends got married there last year and it was absolutely beautiful and so much fun.  I understand that she had a very easy time dealing with them and the guests loved it.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my prom there (I'm from Ipswich), and friends of mine from Ipswich have had their weddings there. It is a gorgeous location- the grounds are breathtaking, and it's the best golf course in MA. I would definitely recommend getting married there. The food and service was great!

You could do your rehearsal at the Hart House in Ipswich or Ponte Vecchio in Topsfield.

GL!
  • CityGirl07CityGirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Willowdale in Topsfield which is right down the street. We had guests stay at the Sheraton Ferncroft. We had our RD at the Hart House, they have a private room, it's reasonably priced, and the food is delicious. Sorry I don't have more info about Turner Hill but thought I'd let you know about those other things...good luck!
  • GH1214GH1214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,  I am looking at this location as well and tentatively booked a date.  Does anyone know anything about the tent situation in terms of lighting / heat/ etc. god forbid you have a bad day?  They make it sound like everything will be perfect, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any real experiences there and can tell me if it will be as smooth as they are selling it!

Any other information would be so helpful.  Or if I could talk to you personally or through email I would so appreciate it!

Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards