Not Engaged Yet
Options

Poll: What are (or were) you looking forward to most? Edited with new question!

2»

Re: Poll: What are (or were) you looking forward to most? Edited with new question!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_poll-were-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:227ea0e6-c192-49fb-9371-0f5667655a44Post:4f187b78-3b49-488f-970f-51ed28685c85">Re: Poll: What are (or were) you looking forward to most?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was (and still am) looking forward to being in the same zipcode.
    Posted by noelle24[/QUOTE]
    Oh yeah, this too!!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I'm looking forward to so much! I can't wait to see what he comes up with for the proposal, I can't wait to see which ring he chooses for me and I can't wait to wear the ring for the rest of my life!  I also can't wait to stand there and say our vows!

It'll also be nice to stop getting funny looks from people about us living together and being together for over 6 years but not married yet. Some people dont' under stand that even though we've been together for so long and live together, it's not quite the right time for us to get married yet. I'm so tired of people asking me if I'm sure he'll propose to me one day, since he hasn't yet...
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The proposal was perfect - he knows me so well and since my dad video-taped it, I still watch it sometimes and sit there crying as I watch it.

I'm really looking forward to walking down the aisle.  I know everyone looks at the bride as she's walking down the aisle, but I've told my photographer that he MUST get a picture of my FI as I start walking down the aisle...I want to capture the look on his face forever.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Regarding the question about being disappointed by the proposal, perhaps a little apprehensive.

He knows I want something personal and intimate, not in a public setting.  That's about all we've discussed.  However, he doesn't usually get very verbose about emotional things, and I'd love for him to say something sweet, but he's likely to just say, "Will you marry me?"  So all I'm hoping is that he prepares something to say beyond just "Will you marry me?"  Other than that, I don't think I could possibly be disappointed.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011

About being disappointed with the proposal:

The thought hasn't even crossed my mind.  As long as there is meaning in what he's saying to me when he asks, it'll be perfect.  I don't imagine anything elaborate but I know it'll be just right for us. 

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My proposal was HILARIOUS.  He had the whole thing planned...we were going to go on a hike and it was going to be beautiful and wonderful and spontaneous...and then it rained. lol

So I stole this from my planning page...Dan got up to mess around with something in his bag.  I kept watching tv and just hanging out on the bed.  I could feel him standing behind me so I turned around and he was staring out the window. His hovering was kind of annoying me.  So I looked at him then at the window then at him and I said "What are you doing?"  I figured he was looking at a boat coming in the harbour.  

He wasn't.  He immediately dropped to one knee and pulled out a ring box.  He looks at me and simply said "Will you marry me?"  The first thought that ran thru my head was "OMG! Is he serious?! REALLY?!""  But I didn't say it.  It took a few seconds for me to find the right response but then I screamed OMG YES and jumped on him!! We kissed and hugged and it was WONDERFUL!!

So it was technically ruined...but it was PERFECT.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked the proposal.

Because I am not getting a ring. I am getting a pony.

No pony. No I do.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_poll-were-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:227ea0e6-c192-49fb-9371-0f5667655a44Post:9c4ab5bf-eb2f-4bde-99a8-8ba07f122c60">Re: Poll: What are (or were) you looking forward to most? Edited with new question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I picked the proposal. Because I am not getting a ring. I am getting a pony. <strong>No pony. No I do.</strong>
    Posted by breezerb[/QUOTE]

Cracks me up everytime!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll admit. I was pumped to wear his ring. I work with all men in a male dominated field. It's nice to have a clear sign that "I'm taken. Don't hit on me." I was just as pumped to put a ring on him on our wedding day for the same reason.

Plus, it's sparkly. :)
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_poll-were-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:227ea0e6-c192-49fb-9371-0f5667655a44Post:f0fae58a-5b28-4136-90c9-e2724e575983">Re: Poll: What are (or were) you looking forward to most? Edited with new question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll admit. I was pumped to wear his ring. I work with all men in a male dominated field. It's nice to have a clear sign that "I'm taken. Don't hit on me." I was just as pumped to put a ring on him on our wedding day for the same reason. Plus, it's sparkly. :)
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

Haha, Kat!  Ditto this!  I go to financial conferences all around the world, and it's a frequent occurance that I (and my female colleagues) get hit on at our events.  When I went to London in June, my BF said, "Why don't we buy you a fake engagement ring so the guys all know you're taken?"  And I blinked and looked at him and asked, "Isn't that what a real ring is for?"

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards