Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hummus

We went to a food tasting last night at the venue. They offered an amazing hummus spread (with all different toppings) for an appetizer. How popular do you think hummus is? I know a lot of my friends like it, but do you think it is popular with an older generation?
~~December 3, 2011~~

Re: Hummus

• Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Certainly! Hummus knows no age.

It's been around forever, and it's been popular in the USA since the middle of last century (I've done my research).

I like it, my parents like it, and the woman in her mid-sixties that I work with likes it.

There's so many different types of hummus too. I'm sure it would be a great hit with everyone trying to eat healthy. You can put it on any type of vegetable, crackers, bread.... yummus.

Edit: I forgot to add that my grandmother always eats it when we put it out for the holidays. You should have no problem with "older" generations :)

White Knot
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yummus is going to be my new word for hummus, Alanna! My favorite kind of yummus has roasted tomatoes in it.

I think hummus is pretty versatile. Like Alanna said, you can use it with a variety of different foods, so I think you can find something for everyone's taste. I know people of all ages that like it. I was at a holiday dinner with my neighbors, and they loved hummus and so did their baby grandson!
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Mmmmm... hummus! I love the stuff, and I agree with the others that many people do, and there are many ways to serve it. You should be fine.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the flavour (specifically the roasted tomato, or roasted garlic), but I hate the texture. Gross! Most people I know love the stuff though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MMM Hummus. I think you can get away with it for all age groups. If they don't like it they don't have to eat it. lol. There are plenty of people who will
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bet hummus would be a VERY popular choice at a wedding. I know it's the first thing I'd go grab!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I'm not a fan of it (because of the texture also!). But, I won't be there for the cocktail hour anyways :) My mom was worried that not many people like it.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I love me some hummus.

I know plenty of older people that share my love for hummus as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE hummus. I turned my parents on to it, and I think lots of their friends eat it now too. When I used to work in development one of our dev. officers was vegan, so we'd have hummus and crudites (I think that's the right word for raw veggies) at a lot of our wine and cheese events, and the hummus always went really fast. Most of the attendees were what I'd consider the older crowd, so I think it's a pretty good bet. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE HUMMUS. nom nom nom nom

Yes, I think it's pretty popular.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sparkles, I actually made a song about hummus once... "yummus, with the chicka-chicka-chick peas.."

And I just wanted to say when you scroll through the post quickly it looks like we're talking about how tasty humans are...
    White Knot
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YUMMM. I like the Sabra with the pine nuts.
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hummus is really popular around here now. I think it would be a really good choice to offer, since most people seem to like it even if they haven't tried it before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards