New York-Hudson Valley

Transportation for 150+ Guests

I need to find a company that can provide 55 passengers buses at a decent price to shuttle my guests to and from our wedding. I read previous posts and I called Peter Pan but they are not available, WP Bus company's quote was a little high I thought...the catch is that my wedding in New Years Eve so I think they are raising the prices...anyone have any suggestions...my orignal plan was to try to keep it under $1,000 but the quotes I am getting range from $1400-$1850.

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Transportation for 150+ Guests

• prshelleyprshelley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just got another quote for $2150...does this seem right to everyone else?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It wouldn't surprise me that transportation vendors would raise their rates for New Year's Eve. $1400 doesn't sound bad though.
  • edited December 2011
    You can try www.jtrbus.com
    That is who we used.   What kind of time frame are you looking for?
    We did a 47 passenger for 3 hours and it was about $600
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used West Point Tours and I believe with the refundable security deposit, it was a little over $1100 - it was maybe $800-something when we got it back? That was 2009 though, and it definitely wasn't New Years Eve. I honestly don't think the $1400 is that bad, especially since it sounds like you'll need the bus to make a number of trips.
    imageimageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the info ladies! I dont think the 1400 is that bad either...the problem is that at that cost I can't afford 2 buses and since so many people will be using the shuttle, the first trip would have to arrive over an hour before the ceremony to allow enough time for all 3 trips. I guess I was just hoping it would be a little less expensive and I could do 2 buses and not have to do so many trips.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree...call jtr and also, yes, on NYE i would not be shocked if they jacked up the price
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks again! I called JTR and they gave me the lowest quote out of all of them!! I would not have found them without your help :)

Thanks again Ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_transportation-150-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:04b414f5-a83c-4d5b-8828-dddbb5d159a4Post:748a89eb-bb0b-4a5a-a6fd-5865c452e91a">Re: Transportation for 150+ Guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks again! I called JTR and they gave me the lowest quote out of all of them!! I would not have found them without your help :) Thanks again Ladies!
    Posted by prshelley[/QUOTE]

You won't be disappointed.  We used them for our wedding and they were great...waited at the end of the night until everyone was on the bus...no stragglers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_transportation-150-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:04b414f5-a83c-4d5b-8828-dddbb5d159a4Post:748a89eb-bb0b-4a5a-a6fd-5865c452e91a">Re: Transportation for 150+ Guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks again! I called JTR and they gave me the lowest quote out of all of them!! I would not have found them without your help :) Thanks again Ladies!
    Posted by prshelley[/QUOTE]

So glad it worked out!
  • HOLL106HOLL106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Leprechaun Lines.  That's who we are using in a few weeks and they were the best deal I found for buses (55 passenger).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards