Nebraska

Holiday Inn Downtown Lincoln?

Thinking about booking a reception @ the Holiday Inn in Downtown Lincoln. Any advice? Any good/bad experiences I should know about it?

Re: Holiday Inn Downtown Lincoln?

• edited December 2011
    I can't speak from personal experience, but I've not seen/heard good things from brides on this board or another board I read!

We originally booked with the Country Inn & Suites/Beacon Hill catering to use the ballroom for our reception, but we outgrew the space (holds 250) but they were AWESOME and so sweet and accomodating. You might check there if you're interested. And the hotel rooms are wonderful. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, Sara! We appreciate the great comment! I was very bummed when your guest list outgrew what we could hold, but glad you and Blair found a place that would fit you!

We would be happy to have you here, though, "kkristl" and I would be happy to tell you more about what we have to offer!

-Lacy Jo Marshall
    Catering and Banquet Sales Manager
    Beacon Hills and Country Inn & Suites
    lacy.marshall@countryinns.com
  • lkjacobs9lkjacobs9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception there in June. I'm a little anxious because the catering manager I origionally booked with was fired (the main reason I went there!). I have yet to be impressed with the new manager and she is difficult to reach and schedule with. I hope everything works out in the end. I know for a downtown location the prices are reasonable. If anything else comes up good or bad I will let you know!
  • wbreunsbwbreunsb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't speak to wedding receptions, but we booked our room blocks at the Holiday Inn Downtown.  We encountered a lot of problems with the reservations (all separated, even if the guests booked connecting rooms for their kids) and the rooms (ex. no air conditioning, no roll aways available, loud parties in the hall at 3am, etc) on the day before and day of the wedding.  The staff was not very accomodating or helpful when we encountered the problems. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards