New York-New York City
Options

Wedding Reviews 6/11/11

I usually post on the NNJ board, but since some of my vendors were from NYC as well (in particular my AMAZING band Veronica Martell Entertainment) I wanted to post the reviews here as well. Hope this helps!

You know it was an awesome wedding when the band thanks YOU for having them there cause your guests were so much fun. Absolutley amazing day and so many of our guests keep telling us it was the best wedding ever. A few of my aunts yelled at me cause they said theres no way they can top this wedding and now my cousins expectations are too high haha. Great time!Here are my reviews- my day was amazing. If you have any questions, just let me know. I highly recommend all of my vendors

Veronica Martell Entertainment A+++++++++++++++++
AMAZING!!! What can I say-  1st Veronica is the most wonderful person to work with. Incredibly organized, efficient, and just sooo nice. The band is out of this world! They are just amazing to listen to and every single guest was asking us where we found a band so incredible. They sound just like the original artists and I loved that they come out on the dance floor and really get the crowd going. The dance floor was packed all night and we didn’t want the party to end! We used Veronica 6 years ago for my sister’s wedding as well and they are even more amazing now (and our family still takes about how great the band was at her wedding as well). You cannot go wrong booking this band- they will make your wedding the best ever! Arlenes bridal- bridal gown - A

I love the staff here. They are so incredibly sweet and always remembered exactly who I was every time I came in. I worked with Allie, Jaime, and Debbie. There was a bit of a misunderstanding when I went for my final fitting and my dress wasn’t actually done, but Debbie the salon owner was fantastic and got my dress finished and ready to go ASAP. My dress was amazing and the price was so reasonable. Everyone thought I spent thousands more then I did. They also have a great selection of dresses available.

Jos. A Bands - tux - B-

I think every men’s tux rental place has issues. I don’t think anyone in our wedding party didn’t have a problem, but the worst was them sending the grooms tux to the wrong store and instead of telling him, just kept telling him it wasn’t in yet when he kept calling the store it was supposed to be at. Good thing my dad asked about the grooms tux at the other store and we found it. No one’s tux fit right, so they all needed more time to be fixed, but the day off, they were all fitted and fine. They did forget to give my now husband a tie though, so his dad gave him his and went out and bought another one. Not a great experience, but I don’t think it would have been much better elsewhere.  At least the grooms tux was free and the colors all matched.

Santos Limo- A+

Fantastic! Eddie was our driver and he was amazing. Showed up early, even packed the limo with the ridiculous amount of bags the bridal party had, carried my dress train, and was a huge help in the church. Just an overall super nice person and really made our day very enjoyable!

Saint Francis De Sales Roman Catholic Church- ceremony A+

This is my church and I knew they had some strict rules when it comes to weddings. Overall, the rehearsal and ceremony ran great, we had a beautiful ceremony and everyone was raving about it. Our priest Father Boland couldn’t have been nicer to me when I was upset over a situation that happened early in the day and he even fixed my flower girl’s flower ball when she broke the handle after repeatedly beating it against the pew. Ellen the wedding coordinator is wonderful to work with and has an amazing voice (she is the music coordinator too). We also had the organ and harpist, which made the music sound incredible.

Hamilton Park Hotel- reception venue A+++++++

INCREDIBLE!!!!  Joanne, Kate, Scot, Tara, Jessica, and everyone on staff here made our entire wedding experience phenomenal. From the 1st day we came to look at the hotel, we loved the modern look of the venue and the ballroom and just how incredibly organized the staff was. We originally had started working with Kate and after she changed positions, we worked with Joanne. I cant even put into words how helpful she was. She knew absolutely everything we wanted on our wedding day and made it happen. It was the most beautiful wedding ever! Joanne even went out of her way to color coordinate the cocktail hour flowers for me to match the rest of my wedding. I had quite a few DIY items I wanted displayed in certain ways for our wedding and they all were absolutely perfect the day of. The staff listens to every single concern and request you may have and makes sure they take care of it. On the day of the wedding, every single guest was attended to right away, the food is out of this world amazing, and the wedding ran absolutely perfectly thanks to Joanne and all the wonderful staff. And we LOVED having our wedding at this hotel- we had an amazing afterparty at Vanderbilts so the party didn’t have to stop and everyone was able to have a beautiful (and delicious) breakfast the next day in the hotel as well. I felt like we had an amazing wedding weekend with all our guests instead of just a rushed reception. I would HIGHLY recommend having your wedding here- you cant go wrong and they will make sure you have an absolutely amazing day!

Crystal Springs- Grand Cascades Lodge- Rehearsal A+

We held our rehearsal dinner in the Garden Room of the Grand Cascades Lodge. The food was wonderful, the staff was great and super attentive, and the views are amazing. I also loved they had the outdoor patio and grounds that our guests could go outside and enjoy and take photos, etc. Beautiful all around- just pricey to add in the alcohol (they charge per hour per person). They were also super flexible with a last minute headcount change and only needed a 25 person minimum for the room.

AW flowers- A+++++++++++++++

AMAZING!!!!!! Adam did the most fantastic job on my flowers- they were better than I could have ever imagined! I literally jumped up and down when I saw the ballroom decorated. Hes an amazing artist, great personality, and so flexible with any changed I needed to make. I had a bit of hesitation booking since the price seemed too good to be true, but he out did himself and everyone was raving about the flowers and thought I paid 5x more than I did!!! Thank you so much for making our wedding so beautiful! Looking at the room, I felt like David Tutera had been there haha My bouquet was also amazing and the altar arrangements were HUGE and exquisite.

JB lighting- uplighting and gobo A++++++++++++++++
Jim was so terrific to work with. I really loved the look of uplighting & thought it would give our ballroom an extra special touch. Jim went above and beyond and made the room look amazing!!! It was better then I could even image and the gobo was terrific as well. He was so easy to work with and was so flexible when I made a few last minute changes. Thank you so much for making our wedding look so wonderful! 

Jimmys Artistic Creations A++++++++

Jimmy created the most amazing Chicago Bears football themed martini ice luge for our cocktail hour. It was incredible! It looked just like I imagined and everyone loved it! Huge hit and a great way to serve our signature drink!

Makeup- Michelle A+++++++++++++

Originally both Jillyan and Michelle were booked to do our makeup on my wedding morning. The night before poor Jillyan got rushed to the ER. I was nervous we wouldn’t be able to get everyone done with just one person, but Michelle did an amazing job. She was right on time, made everyone look incredible and actually finished everyone early! Our makeup and lashes lasted all night – that’s so much for making us all look terrific!

Cake-Palermos   A++++++++++++++++

Our cake was included from our venue and we went to Palermos for a tasting and to pick our design. The cakes taste delicious and even though I only had a bite of our actual wedding cake everyone was saying how great it was. My now husband picked the design and I wasn’t crazy about it, but Palermo’s explained to me how we could dress it up with ribbon banding, rhinestone broaches, etc and on the day of the wedding it was the most beautiful cake I had ever seen! I also loved that they didn’t try to upsell us. Some of the stuff I wanted on a cake they told me would cost an extra $500-$1000, but they explained to me how we could use ribbon, etc to get the same look and they were right. Amazing cake!

Photo/Video

Based on the day of, I fully expect our photos and video to be amazing, but I will post a full review once I see the pictures/video J

Re: Wedding Reviews 6/11/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards