Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Outdoor reception locations

My fiance and I are having a destination wedding in the winter months.  We would really love to have a white tent outdoor reception a few months later in a central location.  Where his family and friends are from is about 4 hours away from my family and friends.  How do you go about finding a location for white tent reception?  We just want to be able to bring in our own food and keep it cheap and simple.  Preferably somewhere that would have a pretty location and not just a parking lot or surrounded by buildings.  Any ideas?  Thank you!!!!

Re: Outdoor reception locations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's called Colby Park in Clive. It's really pretty and spacious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'll check it out...thank you!

• Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jester Park Lodge would be really pretty too, but I'm not sure if they make you use Christiani's or just "encourage" it.

Happy Apple Orchard would be really pretty too -- there's a pond and a bonfire
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As PP said, Jester Park is beautiful but when we looked at them a year ago for our wedding they required you use use their caterer, which was not what we wanted. The Iowa 4-H Center is who we ended up going with and were allowed to bring in our own food, but not an outside caterer, as they have their own. Another option you could look into is the Iowa Arboretum. There are also many golf courses in the area and wineries that would make for great locations.
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rachael45Rachael45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also heard Grey's Lake does receptions, or any of the local wineries. Jasper is a good option too.
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grey's Lake and Iowa Arboretum are great ideas!!! They are gorgeous out there! 
  • Options
    ceceibsonceceibson member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Several years ago, a friend got married outdoors in the lilac grove at Easter Lake.  Not only was it beautiful, it smelled terrific.  The reception was elsewhere but that may have been their choice, versus the space not allowing it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any outdoor or barn suggestions for the Cedar Falls/ Waterloo area where you can bring in your own food?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards