Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Vendor Reviews

I have been a little lazy with my review's but finally got them all done.  Most of our vendors were north of the river...enjoy! Hope they help some of you KC brides planning your wedding now.

C and C Cakes           

Cathy & her daughter brought a little cake to the tasting which took place at my mom's house. It took a while for me to decide what I wanted, but she was patient with me. She made such a pretty cake. She was very budget friendly! I was a little disappointed that one of our fillings didn't make it into one of my layers of my cake, but other than that, the cake was great! Very easy to work with!

Cruise Holidays & Comfort Tours And Travel            

We worked with Cassie Johnson & she was great! We couldn't decide on what we wanted to do or where we wanted to go for our honeymoon, so we made multiple trips to see her, often keeping her past closing. She tried to work in our budget, helping us choose dates that would save us the most money. She was great! No problems at all with our travel arrangements, will use them again!

Dillards

Setting up the registry was ok, but it seemed at times we were distracting them from their "real work". After the wedding we went in to buy some items off of the registry because we would get 20% off items that were not purchased. That was a real hassle! They manually calculated the 20% to be taken off each item, (which took forever) & if you have to order something (ie China or silverware) you have to pay full price then come back in for a 20% price adjustment. Had I known that, I would not have registered there! 

Men's Wearhouse

After reading seveal bad reviews of Men's Warehouse I was leary of getting the tux's there. We went to the smaller "tux's only" shop in Zona Rosa & received great service. None of the tux's were messed up and fit great.

Stone Canyon Pizza Co.

I actually had part of my bridal shower here...the service was slow & provided only 1 server for our large party. We booked our rehersal dinner here. My fiance called multiple times to confirm our booking & to see if we needed a deposit. We spoke with the manager all times & he told us we were good to go & no deposit was needed. We go to plan the menu...guess what, our rehearsal wasn't in their reservation book! Luckily, they weren't booked in their upstairs room. On the night of our dinner, the room wasn't arranged in the way we wanted so we had to move tables...it was no big deal, but just added to my stress of the night. The pizza was good & we had good service. Don't know if I would book another large party, but I would get their pizza.

Lights Incredible

We needed lighting & pipe & drapes to spruce up our ceremony room & used accent lighting on the dance floor & to light up the cake. They did such a great job & it looked great! They made the room look elegant. So glad we went with them.

Rev. Seth Wheeler

We were his first couple that he married that weren't members of his church (Westminster Presbyterian). He was a recommendation from Tim Brooks. He did a great job & we received many complements on his ceremony. We have already recommended him to a couple looking for an officiant. He let us include as much as we wanted(or didn't want) in our ceremony. We were very pleased!!!

Party City

We chose to go to the Martin City, MO store, they were less busy than some of the other stores we went to & they offer 10% off each invitation order. We choose a "seal & send" type of invitations. The manager helped a lot with wording & submitting our proof. The proof approval process was easy. Great value for the money! Would use them again.

Pro DJ KC

I was dissapointed in some areas. The DJ played the wrong version of the entrance song for me, after I told Jennifer which one I wanted. I also, told her I didn't want a "cheezy" DJ, I did't know that meant one with no personality, I didn't even catch his name. I didn't get a CD of the entrance songs for the rehersal, nor did I didn't get a call from our DJ before the wedding so I couldn't convey the types of songs I wanted played during the reception. I also think he waited too long to play our Anniversary dance, as most couples (and our photographers) were already gone by the time he played the song for the dance. I was just disapointed, since I was excited after reading all of the reviews, I didn't have the same experience they did.  This is the 1 vendor I would have changed.

David's Bridal

We went to the I-29 & Barry Rd location.  I found my dress on my 1st trip out shopping, (it was even on clearance). I went during the week, so it wouldn't be as busy as on the weekends. I was happy with all the services & didn't have any problems. Was happy with my alterations too. We also got my MOH dress here & had no problems with that either...

Floralyn

I loved my flowers!!! Lyn did such an awesome job! She is great to work with too. My Fiance and I couldn't decided on a budget, so there were multiple emails with her & she accomidated all of my requests. She went beyond my expectiations!!!

The Photo Pros

Kate & Brian were very nice & professional. We got our picture disk back very quickly. I do wish they provided a little more direction with regards to different poses, other than that I was pleased with how they came out. I was worried because our ceremony room was a little dark. Excellent value! 

Embassy Suites

I am so glad we chose Embassy to have our wedding & reception! We wanted a place where everything was taken care of, so we could enjoy our day without a lot of hassle. Nicole was great! Every meeting we had with her was productive. During the reception we had our own personal server who took very good care of us (thanks Karen!). We received a lot of complements. The lobby also made a good background for pictures...The Presidental Suite was our room for the night of our wedding & we hope to have it on our 1st anniversary too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards