Registry and Gift Forum

Registry gifts for wedding

I am not trying to seem greedy, I was just wondering if registry/tangible gifts are purchased for the wedding as well as the shower.  My wedding is in 10 days and I have not seen much action on my registries.  I am trying to figure out how to transport the gifts home since we are leaving straight for our honeymoon and I am not sure how much there will be. 
TTC Since Aug 2010 Started with RE May 2012 HSG clear Tests normal - PCOS IUI#1 - BFN IUI#2 - 7/7/12 BFP Determined Ectopic at 7 weeks - 2 shots MTX finally hit zero 10/2/12 IUI#3 - 11/6/12 - BFN IUI#4 - scheduled for 12/7/12 - Clomid increased to 150mg IUI #5 - 1/4/13 first injectable cycle- BFP 12dpo EDD 9/28/13 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Registry gifts for wedding

• It just depends.  Some people shop off the registry for wedding and shower.  Some do registry for shower and cash for wedding.  There is a weekend between now and your wedding so that is when people will shop, or on the way to your wedding.  Ask a family member or friend to take care of the gifts and give them a key to your place so they can drop them off. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In my circle, registry items are generally purchased for both the shower and the actual wedding. I've noticed that I see more northern posters say that registry gifts are for showers and engagement parties, and then they generally get/give cash for the actual wedding. I thin kit really depends on your circle. Plus, if people are going to purchase off of your registry, they will probably do so within the next week.
    Photobucket
  • I'm in Ohio and personally I always shop from the registry for both shower and wedding gifts but from reading posts on here, it does seem to be a regional thing as to whether people buy from the registry for weddings or not.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I had a wedding in FL and DH and I live in CA.  We only had a few items purchased from our registry, some of which were brought to the wedding and we shipped them back home.  Most of our guests realized that it would be a hassle to give us a gift from our registry at the wedding so we got mostly cash.  If you receive any gifts at the wedding then ask you parents to hold on to them until you return from your honeymoon and then pay for them to be shipped to your house.

ETA: I've also heard of some ladies who return the gifts and repurchase them in their hometown. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JCM10JCM10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm in TX and buy from the registery for the shower and the wedding. Have a table available for guests to put your gifts on (and a box to put cards in, so they don't get lost), and have a family member watch over it and then move the gifts to a safe place (a family member's home) immediately after the wedding & reception. People will probably carry them into the wedding, as well as the reception so allow for that. 
  • I have only ever shopped on the registry for showers, never for the actual wedding. I've always given cash/check. Maybe that's the case here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards