Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Transportation

I read a post last night that talking about the bride and groom not have any transportation for their guest to the wedding and to the reception. As of right now, we don't have any of that right now either and honestly we hadn't even considered it. Is it something that should be considered? 

We're getting married at CoF and the reception is at Maggiano's. We will be staying at the Flamingo (or around that area) and the guests will be all over the place.

What did you do or are you going to do for transportation?
Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Transportation

• Options
    personally - i think for this type of wedding, and with the chapel and the reception not in the same place, it is something to consider. 

I think it's a nice thing and fairly reasonable cost wise. Can you get a bus for a couple of hours that could get people TO the chapel and then back to maggianos?

We aren't getting our guests TO the wedding - i know people all go at their own schedules, so they can all get to the Platinum on their own, but after the ceremony and reception (both in same place) we're doing the double decker bus tour and dropping everyone off at Fremont or back to the base hotel (flamingo). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes we are getting married at the COF and the reception is at the Firefly so we are doing the DDB after the ceremony to take the guests on a strip tour while we take our photos with our photographer then they DDB will drop the guest off the reception.
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • Options
    I think you should at least provide transportation from wedding to reception. Your guest are spending a lot of money to come and most probably have never been so they will have to figure out what to do and how to get from point a to b...best case would be for them to get together at one place and they ride together a bus/limo to the wedding as well. It's a nice gesture!
  • Options
    We are using bell trans for our transportation from ceremony to reception. Would definitely recommend this.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_transportation-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f7e2cffc-5721-4600-b812-0a4035fe0868Post:289d5a24-1db0-4d08-940e-4c56dfa357b0">Re: Transportation</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using bell trans for our transportation from ceremony to reception. Would definitely recommend this.
    Posted by Kris10bixler[/QUOTE]

<div>What size of Limo are you using? Are they doing extra trips?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance and I were talking and said that if we were having a local (to us) wedding, we would not provide transportation to the wedding/reception. If the wedding was local, most of our guest would be from out of town as well, so how does it differ if we're in Vegas? Isn't that what taxi's and all that if for? We are having a reception and no we don't expect our guest to pay for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cabs in Vegas can rack up charges pretty quick.  Having the ceremony at once place, reception at another, and no central hotel, that could easily cost your guests $60+ on your wedding day going from hotel to chapel, chapel to Maggianos, Maggiano's back to hotel.

I'd recommend doing transport from a designated hotel to the chapel, chapel to Maggianos and Maggiano's back to the designated hotel, then people can plan where they stay around that, walk, or go into it knowing to expect the expense.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_transportation-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f7e2cffc-5721-4600-b812-0a4035fe0868Post:3c018f7d-32fa-484c-9fbb-c68664ba2484">Re: Transportation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cabs in Vegas can rack up charges pretty quick.  Having the ceremony at once place, reception at another, and no central hotel, that could easily cost your guests $60+ on your wedding day going from hotel to chapel, chapel to Maggianos, Maggiano's back to hotel. I'd recommend doing transport from a designated hotel to the chapel, chapel to Maggianos and Maggiano's back to the designated hotel, then people can plan where they stay around that, walk, or go into it knowing to expect the expense.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

<div>So what's the best way to plan that, we don't have it in our budget to rent a limo for 6+ hours in the day just for our guest to have transportation. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    well, how many people do you have? Bell Trans has a 24 person bus that's $60 an hour - even if you had one central pick up for everyone to get to the chapel, then from the chapel to the restaurant, you're likely looking at 2 - 3 hours max. And for under $200 - if your guests are all paying to fly to vegas (regardless of whether they'd pay to get to an at home wedding) it's the right thing to do.

In the overall  cost of a wedding, $200 isn't crazy, and your guests will definitely appreciate it. Since everyone is staying at different places, I wouldn't worry about getting them all home after the reception, people may want to leave at different times, do some gambling etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hey again - i just saw in the other post about guest list that you are expecting about 50-60 people, so the ddb is probably your better bet, i believe it cost us approx $300 for 2 hours 

The bonus of the DDB is it can become a fun part of the reception and not just transportation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know you may not agree, but I think should really provide a shuttle from COF to Maggiano's. You can get a 31 passenger bus from Bell Trans for $80/hour. If you did two of those, it would be less than $200. I think it is a nice gesture and there are not really any cabs waiting outside of COF, so it could be a nightmare. I think people will respect and appreciate that you did that for them. I know my guests said it was a nice gesture and worked well for them. I had a shuttle going from Caesar's Palace to Planet Hollywood which is walkable, but I wanted them to be comfortable in their dress clothes and not have to get hot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also thinking getting a bus for my 30-40 guests.  For those fleets that require 2-hour minimum, does anyone know if the hours have to be consecutively, or can you use 1 hour before the reception and 1 hour after?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bell Trans only requires one hour for those large shuttles, so it can be cost effective.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_transportation-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f7e2cffc-5721-4600-b812-0a4035fe0868Post:8ae6eb2a-f3d7-4859-bad5-0e0d0a1dbd99">Re: Transportation</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Transportation : What size of Limo are you using? Are they doing extra trips?
    Posted by abigaildeanna[/QUOTE]

We aren't using a limo. We are using a shuttle type bus. The bell trans website has a list of all their vehicles and how much they charge per hour.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards