Rhode Island
Options

Westbay Gourmet:Day of Coordination/Set-up at Towers

Hi Everyone,

We are using Westbay Gourmet for our wedding next May at the Towers.  KC assured me in our phone conversations that her and her team can take care of ALL our set-up (placecards, decorations, etc.) as well as clean up due to the Towers restrictions on set-up and load-out times.  

Previous brides, were you happy with the set-up or did you feel limited as to what your options for decorating were?   Part of the reason we booked Westbay was due to the extensive reviews regarding KC as day of coordinator but it almost sounds too good to be true.  We have a very tight budget and I am a really good planner with previous catering/event experience, so I am thinking that between my copious spreadsheets, some family helpers, and KC, we should have all our bases covered but I am starting to get nervous that we should have budgeted for/thought about hiring a separate day of coordinator; particularly for the end of the night details.

Thoughts???  Are DOC's really a necessary thing or just another way this industry is making money off of nervous brides????

Thanks everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Westbay Gourmet:Day of Coordination/Set-up at Towers

• Options
    jbeaupre75jbeaupre75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Westbay Gourmet is absolutely great!! I go there for lunch often.  It may not be on a catering scale but I'm sure you guys and your guests will enjoy their food regardless!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I catered for KC once, she is intense with her employees and weddings! The wedding was not at the towers, but everything went smoothly with her in control. She had everything planned to a tee! I wouldn't worry about set up and clean up with her.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bean6687bean6687 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries with KC or West Bay at all. You will have a fabulous experience. I have worked with her before and she and her staff will help with all of your things at the end of the night and with set up before hand. Just make sure you let her know where you want things (placecards, gift box, favors, etc.) and they will take care of it. No stress! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I really appreciate your comments and am so glad we booked KC and her team.  It's easy to start second guessing every decision when you read too many boards/posts, haha (was reading a thread about DOC's and just got a little nervous).  Thanks again, I know we made the right choice! : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards