Texas-Houston
Options

Galveston wedding

I am looking to get married in Galveston on Oct 15, 2011.  I am currently in Michigan and need some input on some locations.  Has anyone ever been to a wedding at the Mermaid and Dolphin? What about DIY beach ideas?

Re: Galveston wedding

• Options
    TanishaWarnerTanishaWarner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im also planning a wedding in Galveston on the same day.  I am happy to share ideas with you.
  • Options
    kelbel3kakelbel3ka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a new location/venue in Galveston called the Bienville Social. It is a great place for a wedding, reception, or even a rehearsal dinner. it is very affordable and has a unique, intimate feel. It is located in downtown Galveston and is in walking distance to the Strand. The website is www.bienvillesocial.com and if you have any further questions you can email me at kelly@bienvillesocial.com.

Good luck with your wedding plans!
  • Options
    zhazha89zhazha89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Tremont Hotel is gorgeous, I think when we were looking into it ended up being a around 14 thou for their ballroom once we added up the food min tax etc. 
    The San Luiz was alright, but very hotel-like. 
    The old Galveston mansions have a nice vintage charm, but might be best for smaller weddings do to space constraints. Also, I think you must provide catering and decor. 
    I don't know anything about the Mermaid and Dolphin. Good Luck and watch out for hurricanes!
  • Options
    lmasters15lmasters15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the San Luis in Galveston 10.22.2011.  I love it.  The chandeliers are gorgeous.  It's where I had my prom so that's kind of weird but whatver, there will be no blue and white balloons at my wedding! lol.  The Galvez is nice and next year is their 100 year anniversary.  Really expensive though and I am not a fan of their Terrace ballroom.  Half the guests can't see what's going on or see other guests...just not my style.  Garten Verein is nice and old.  And you can bring in your own catering and bar which can lessen the price.  Ashton Villa is nice.  Smaller and more affordable and yellow.  So you may have to work with the yellow.  Just some thoughts!  Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards