Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Day-of schedule craziness

I am having a little trouble with figuring out the timing with the salon where I am getting my hair and make-up done. Here is the background: I need to be dressed and ready for pictures at 1, the salon is about 15-20 minutes away from the ceremony location, the ladies and I will need to eat, there are 8 people getting thier hair done, and possibily a totaly of 3 for make-up, there are 3 hair stylists and one lady for make-up. The salon seems to think that we don't need to start until 10, which seems really late to me. I am not much of a hair person, but is it possible to do 8 formal styles in 2 hours? I feel like it should start at 9 to give us enough time, but the salon has been resistive to starting that early. What are my options? Is it possible to make a seperate part of the contract giving my party additional discounts for how much past 12 it gets (5% every 15 minutes)? Thanks in advance.

Re: Day-of schedule craziness

• Options
    With 3 hair stylists for 8 hairdos, including the bride, I would allow 2 hours:  an hour for you and 30 minutes for each BM.  This is only possible because there are 3 stylists.

Makeup should take around 30 minutes each, so an hour and a half with 1 artist. 

Where are you dressing?  At the ceremony location?  Because you need to allow at least 20 minutes to dress, plus travel time.  Personally, I would say leave the salon at 12, travel to the site, arriving before 12:30 and dress there.  You don't want to be rushed at the end of getting ready, take it from someone who knows.

As far as eating, can you have a light breakfast brought to the salon?  I don't see you having time for lunch really.  If not, I would eat something before leaving for the salon.

Long story short, I agree with you--I would feel alot better starting at 9, 9:30 at the latest.
  • Options
    Give yourself as much time as you need.  The vendor isn't getting married, you are.  You'll never regret giving yourself extra time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards