Michigan-Grand Rapids

transportation

i would really like to have so pictures taken in downtown GR.  Its about a 20-30 min drive from our church.. Its too late, and we dont have room in our budget, for a limo.  Is it ok to have everyone carpool in 2-3 cars to GR?  A friend suggested getting a hotel room or 2 and having everyone get ready there so we're all downtown, but then everyone would still have to drive to the church...

Re: transportation

• edited December 2011

The easier you can make it on them the better. I'd say that will be difficult to carpool because then everyone is stuck leaving the wedding when the drivers want to leave (or stay longer than they wanted).

I'm using the GR Hopper for our rehearsal dinner. It's a shuttle bus. It holds 13 people and it's about $170 for the time we want it. They do have larger sized shuttles but I don't know what the cost would be.

• edited December 2011
    I think that's a tough decision because you don't have the budget and you don't want your ladies to be stuck at the reception.

I'd say you should talk to your bridesmaid and groomsmen and ask what they'd like to do. The hotel and drive together or drive seperatly to the church and carpool DT.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_transportation-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:aa79e349-c166-48ad-97b4-3660ec849962Post:cba57a12-dde1-41d1-b76f-dd8628ffaa20">Re: transportation</a>:
    [QUOTE]The easier you can make it on them the better. I'd say that will be difficult to carpool because then everyone is stuck leaving the wedding when the drivers want to leave (or stay longer than they wanted). <strong>I'm using the GR Hopper for our rehearsal dinner. It's a shuttle bus. It holds 13 people and it's about $170 for the time we want it. They do have larger sized shuttles but I don't know what the cost would be.</strong>
    Posted by MrsChasey[/QUOTE]
    GR Hopper is great! We used them to shuttle people between the hotel and our wedding venue. We had them from 5-5:45 and 10-midnight and the cost was $290 before tip. We used the larger shuttle of the two; it's a 23-passenger shuttle, all black, it could easily be used to transport a wedding party in style for cheap. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards