Alabama

Ceremony and reception site in the Shoals are (Florence, Tuscumbia, Muscle Shoals)

I really wanna get married in an old house or something like that. I just have not been able to find any information on places that are available. Ive looked at the Bell Monte Mansion but no food can be served inside! Any suggestions?

Re: Ceremony and reception site in the Shoals are (Florence, Tuscumbia, Muscle Shoals)

• lealee05lealee05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have several friends that got married at Locust Hill in Tuscumbia. It's an old mansion. They were outdoor weddings, so if your wedding is in the winter, that wouldn't work. I don't know if you've heard of Montgomery Place in Sheffield. It's not an old house, but it's 3 old downtown buildings that have old wood floors, exposed brick, and tray ceilings. It's really nice and has that down home feel to it. I think the Larimore House behind Mars Hill Church of Christ is available for weddings, but usually people have like teas or receptions there. 
  • prettynpink81prettynpink81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with the message above. My sister had her reception at Locust Hill and it is absolutely amazing!!!! You can bring alcohol if you are serving any..and you can have it catered by anyone you see fit :) The lady is really easy to work with..the back yard has a lap pool were you can use flower petals and floating candles..The inside is sooo great!!! I would totally go and check it out!!!
  • edited December 2011
    There's also Pickett Place in Florence.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Winston Place in Mentone (Valley Head) Alabama. A friend of mines Daughter got married there. She was from Tuscaloosa and chose to have it there because it was so beautiful. The photos were amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards