Missouri-St Louis

Has anyone had both ceremony and reception at Jewel Box?

I love this venue and it's within our budget, but it seems a bit small and I'm not sure if they'd be able to "flip" from the ceremony to the reception. What would we do with the guests during that time? We are also considering holding the ceremony on in front of the pond at the entry with the Jewel Box and holding only the reception indoors. The downside to that is tent rental and set up & the additional cost associated with that. Also, I'm not even 100% sure they'd allow it. Any thoughts/ideas/advice? I'd love to hear from anyone with experience at this venue!

Re: Has anyone had both ceremony and reception at Jewel Box?

• In Response to Has anyone had both ceremony and reception at Jewel Box?:

Im getting married there May 11,2013. I don't know about having both there, but an idea for you is there is a beautiful Banquet Hall that's free to rent, you just pay for food/drinks and its 10 mins from Jewel Box off Keokuk in South City. Its called Grbics. It's a Bosnian place, I am not Bosnian but their venue is amazing and the food is great. They have American choices too. Hope that helps. You may want to check it out. :)
  • Some friends got married there this year and held their reception there as well. THey held a "cocktail hour" that took place outside on the patio while they turned the inside into the reception. It wasn't a big deal at all, we just mingled outside with drinks and hors d'oeuvres.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the tip ,AmyB0884 I'l check them out! 
    shanding4787 , thanks for your feedback. I was wondering if a cocktail hour would be awkward but it sounds like it might be a good option!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards