May 2012 Weddings

The dress...

So the royal wedding dress had me thinking today.Ive been to every dress store imaginable....tried on too many dresses to count.....with and without sleves/straps/halters/etc... nothing appealed to me. I love kates dress...not because its royal or anything else, but because it seems like the style I would wear. Its very much like the dress Ive been wanting but I could never find a picture close to what I wanted.

To me the train is my selling point...Ive always dreamed of having that really long cathedral train. But my body is kind of.....err how do I say it....disproportionate would be the word. I have very large hips, a very small waste and sadly having children did nothing for my chest size lol still tiny. Strapless dresses fall off, I hate halters and strap dresses when they are ballgowns....to me they look odd but my hips to wide for a thin flowy kind of dress.

Kates dress seems close to the style I want...I feel like an upside down cupcake with a big poofy ball gown and a circus freak with a skinny gown, I have no chest to hold up something strapless, and plain white sleves for a spring wedding seem odd....so maybe Ill try something like that???

Does anyone have any other suggestions on dresses I could try that might work for my body.

Re: The dress...

• Have you tried something like this? I also have bigger hips and I think the a-line of this skirt did a nice job of camouflaging them. The sleeves also gave some nice support since you're uncomfortable going strapless.   

Otherwise, I would keep an eye out. I'm sure there will be tons of stuff out on how to mimic Kate's look! 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have bigger hips (and thighs) as well.  I haven't tried on dresses yet but will definitely start with A-lines also as I think they will be the most appealing fit on me.  Sorry I can't be of more help but good luck in your dress shopping!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was also thinking an a-line would be your best bet.
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    Take a look at Watters Escalante dress. It's pretty similar to Kate's and I think you can add sleeves to it if you want them  :)

imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards