Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Centerpieces

The reception hall our wedding is at provides centerpieces, but I really don't like them.  I am trying to come up with a lower cost option that still looks elegant.  The hall is very elegantly decorated and I don't want to make something that doesn't fit in with the rest of the decor.  Does anyone have any suggestions for low cost centerpieces that look more expensive than they cost to make?  If I have to go with what the hall provides I will, but I am just not in love with the 24 inch metal vases that wobble on the table:(

Re: Reception Centerpieces

• Options
    I didn't like the ones my venue provided either so I just hired a florist and designed some nice low flower centerpieces that I did like.

I really like candle centerpieces personally.  A nice candle centerpiece with rose petals can make a very elegant look for low cost.

• Options
    I was at Yankee Candle last night, and they have nice glass cylinders, maybe 5 inches tall, with glass inserts at the top for votive candles. I think each was $3.95. You could put things in the bottom, and the top, without water.

There are a lot of elegant centerpieces you can do. Maybe give some examples of what you've seen in the past that you like, and if you can't think of a way to do it, ask? Or look around at the centerpieces on the knot, or other sites, to get some ideas?

Try the budget and DIY boards as well. TONS of ideas there, with links to websites.

Good luck.
  • Options
    We did the candle thing, and scattered freeze-dried rose petals around it:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards