Virginia-Richmond
Options

planning a visit to richmond... need help/ideas ASAP.

I was wondering if anyone could help direct me to the right places in Richmond, VA
I am looking for reccomendations as far as spas, shopping and restaraunts.   

If you can tell me about any "Must stay" places, or "have to eat at....".... Or "the best spa is...."... ya dont wanna miss type-a thing.....
etc, etc... that would be great!

Thanks

this is for a girls trip....  so, anything you think a group of girls would love...  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: planning a visit to richmond... need help/ideas ASAP.

• Options
    cmk22302cmk22302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on your price range, what you want to do, and the vibe you want, but Sunday brunch at the Jefferson Hotel is super-classy.  My fiance and I just took my mom to Juleps restaurant down in the Shockhoe Bottom neighborhood to celebrate her birthday and if you look upscale Southern restaurants, this was pretty great.  The bartender made awesome cosmopolitans with mandarin orange flavored Hangar One vodka.
  • Options
    klsheriffklsheriff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shopping: Carytown for botiques or Short Pump Towne Center or Stony Point Mall for outdoor malls. 

Go to happy hour at Tobacco Company for $1.25 well drinks.  This turns into a dance club later on in the night. 

About 2 miles from "downtown" is "the fan" where you can find smaller, more casual bars. 

There is a really good sushi place in the slip/bottom, but I can't remember the name. 

Downtown you can find the state capital, monuments, shopping and food. 

Maymont park is nice if you want to have a picnic or go for a stroll.

I'm not sure about spas.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    drgnfli05drgnfli05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are plenty of things to do in short pump.  There's plenty of options for food and there's a RED DOOR.  Look into it.  It will not disappoint
  • Options
    ndenikendenike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should do Godfrey's sunday brunch!  Thats a perfect thing for a girls day:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards