Military Brides

Snow Days!!

I know we all live in differnt places across the country, but hopefully we've all experienced a Snow Day! I'm on my first Snow Day of the season from work with a nice 2-3 inches on ground on base, but the surrounding areas have as much as 7 inches! I figured I'd ask what everyone's favorite Snow Day activities are!? Personally I'm enjoying hunting for wedding accessories for my fast approching wedding, and catching up on books that I've had downloaded on my kindle forever!! What do you ladies like to do? Hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful Monday!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Snow Days!!

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Well, I'm from PA but now live in VA so I laugh at snow days here because I have seen everything shut down for like 10 flakes of snow.

My faveorite snow day activity is to curl up on the couch with my cat, a blanket, a cup of tea, and a good book. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Vegas and we rarely get snow! The mountains always have them, but the city itself its rare, and when it does it's only for a few hours, or if we're lucky maybe have a couple of inches for a day or 2! 

Favorite snow activity is tubing, also been learning to snowboard, it's FI's favorite sport! I just got back from visiting FI in Japan yesterday so I haven't done much wedding wise! Although I will be busy doing wedding stuff very soon! I love to read! My favorite hobby! :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in Michigan, and the schools have had snow days, but unfortunately medical school does not believe in snow days :( We're actualy busier because more people show up to the ER. In college I loved staying home and reading with lots of hot chocolate and coffee. My roommates and I would usually venture out to the movie theaters once the roads were clear. I miss those days off!
  • edited December 2011
    Kara, Where is your FI? Mine is in Iwikuni! I wen't in september to visit him. I hope you had a good time!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we have about 2-3 inches of snow on our side, and people are freaking out.  I've lived in the Buffalo area my whole life so I'm just laughing at it.  I work from home though so there is no chance of getting called off of work, which would be the one good thing to come of this.

My favorite snow day activity is to curl up with a blanket and catch up on DVR and other TV.  Today I had to do some running around though after work then decided to be a good wife and bake cookies to send to H in his next package.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_snow-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:bb07513a-95cf-415f-ae8f-61259a2c3cacPost:85d307c1-6a67-421f-94c2-314c195034f2">Re: Snow Days!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kara, Where is your FI? Mine is in Iwikuni! I wen't in september to visit him. I hope you had a good time!!
    Posted by Luke&Sam625[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>My FI is in Yokosuka! They got back from a very long deployment but left again so I had to leave too! LOL He's coming home for Xmas though which is great! :) I had a great time! I love it there in Japan! Such a wonderful country! We also got a lot of wedding stuff done which is awesome! :) </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I'm currently living in MN so while we get lots of snow! I love having a fire and curling up with a book or going out snowboarding with the FI. FI will PCS to Las Vegas in two weeks so I'm going to miss the winter wonderland!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI's brother lives in Vegas, and he says that it's been in the 20's there lately!! Maybe you'll get some snow in vegas too!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I live in Vegas and we rarely get snow here. Although it has been very cold lately!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards