Michigan-Detroit
Options

I spoiled a wedding surprise (and an intro)

Hi ladies--

I posted last week for the first time, but have been lurking for awhile now. First, allow me to apologize for not introducing myself properly. I swear I have more home training than that! LOL

My name is Grace. I'm 25 and I'm marrying my fiance Jessica, 27, on August 3, 2012. We are just 94 days away from our wedding! Our "theme" or fave wedding detail is the pinwheels we'll be incorporating. Fun fact: both of my parents are deaf so my wedding and reception will be interpreted.
We got engaged on July 16, 2011 in our front yard. After a day at a street festival, Jess asked me to move the puppy we had just gotten, Izzy, from the backyard to the frontyard to go potty. So I did that and then was petting/playing with Izzy when I noticed Jess watching me like a hawk. She then walked over to me and the pup, pet Izzy for a sec, then turned her collar around to reveal the ring. It was very special! :)

My original reason for posting is my inadvertant ruining of a wedding surprise...I went to MSU for school (GO GREEN!) and I love the place. I just discovered that Sparty will make appearance at off-campus weddings thanks to the boards here at TK and I began looking into it. I wanted to submit the request form today so I called Jess to ask her if she'd be okay with it. She was, but then she admitted that she had already submitted it awhile ago. I feel awful about ruining a surprise she was planning, but I just love that she was already thinking of me. She's not upset since she claims to have other surprises planned, but I can't help but feel badly.

So have any of you ruined a wedding surprise/gift? How did you handle it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I spoiled a wedding surprise (and an intro)

• Options
    Welcome Grace. Looking forward to hearing about your wedding.

Our "surprise" was that we served sliders & fries from Bates Burgers around 9:30 pm as a late night snack. There were only about 5 people out of 73 that knew about it. It was fun.
  • Options
    I spoiled my dad's surprise over the weekend!! A friend of mine is a singer (recently in a movie, tours, etc...) I had thought about asking her to sing at my wedding in July, but I never did it.  I kind of figured she was a busy lady and didn't want to bother her.  So she made a comment on my FB the other night "whattt you didn't ask me to sing at your wedding???" so I called my parents to see what they thought.  They said it was fine, but then my dad admitted that he was planning on trying to get ahold of her himself...as a surprise for me.  Of course I'll be thrilled to have her either way...but a little bummed I ruined my dad's surprise!!

And welcome! I'm more of a lurker myself..!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ruined my mother's gift. I wanted to register for luggage so I called and asked her which piece I already had so I could register for the other one and apparently she had already bought it for me so she had to spilled the beans. I felt really bad.

Congrats though! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans. I went to a wedding where Sparty was and it was really fun :)
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Hi Grace! I don't think I spoiled any surprises, but my biggest piece of advice is to get your FI a card.

We'd decided not to exchange gifts, so I hadn't even planned to give him a card. My co-worker begged me to, and boy was I glad I did, because H had done one for me. When our photog. delivered it the morning of the wedding, I was very surprised -- and also glad that I'd done one!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards