Alabama

Looking for a wedding venue-need suggestions!!!

I am looking for a venue for the ceremony and reception. I would like them to be at the same place. My finace and I have looked at several places, but we are trying to make a wise decsion with our money. We live in the Birmingham area so anywhere close would be great!

Any suggestions?

Re: Looking for a wedding venue-need suggestions!!!

• edited December 2011
    I've seen two beautiful weddings & receptions held in the same venue at Alldridge Gardens in Hoover (off Lorna Road) and the Sweet House in Bessemer.  Also, the Donnelly House in Highland is a popular wedding/reception venue.  I think the Alabama Theater also does weddings & receptions...  Good luck looking for a venue!
  • edited December 2011
    I hear the Tutweiler Hotel is nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • coppcw08coppcw08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I'm from Birmingham too & was looking for the same thing when we first started planning. We're having ours at B&A Warehouse. It's a really cool, super old building downtown. I know it has some kind of historical significance, but it's just for events now. I know they do off-site catering and stuff too, but the building itself is part of why I love it. I went to a reception there last summer, and now my FI & I are having our ceremony & reception there in October. Can't wait! I figure it's easier to have both the ceremony & reception in the same place, especially since his whole family is coming from New York. Anyway, definitely look into it.

http://bawarehouse.com/

They do "Bridal Tastings" and tours sometimes. Definitely call & see if you can get to one of those. It's un freaking believable. And Stacy (our coordinator) is awesome. Hope that helps!
    *sara & clinton*
    ten-tenners' may siggy: me & mama on my wedding day

What's LittleMissNewlywed Cooking? Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    American Village - they are reasonable and wonderful to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    The Wynfrey Hotel has been amazing to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lots of good places
    Rosewood in Pinson
    Sonnet House...Leeds
    Mathews Manor...Springville
    Aldridge Gardens...Hoover
    All popular with brides

alan
    alansinvitations
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board