Gay Weddings

Pastel rainbow colors?

My beautiful wife to be and I want to have a pastel rainbow wedding to show our unique commitment and colorful personalities. I can see the actual ceremony clearly...white roses, lilies, and hydrangeas, with thin pink, yellow, green, orange, blue, and purple ribbons flowing down from the arrangements and bouquets. Each attendant will be wearing their own style so long as it fits their assigned color. You get the idea...but the reception is a total blur! I don't want it to look like an over-grown kids b-day party but I want all the colors to have a place in there. Should I stick to a neutral palette of like cream and ivory and add the colors one at a time as accents or should I add them all together? I'm so confused on this!       

Re: Pastel rainbow colors?

• edited December 2011
    I think you could do each of the colors serpate, and build on each color.
  • edited December 2011
    You could do whit linens and then spring flowers on the tables that mix the colors.  If you wanted the different colors you could add it in a different napkin color for each table.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • landk2011landk2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to have both our wedding colors in the reception, since my bridesmaids will be wearing one color, and hers the other. We ordered our table runners to be half in one color, and half in the other, so that it can be through the room, but not overwhelming. I think you could do something similar with the rainbow colors, either with runners, or the flowers/ napkins ideas above. I think that as long as you don't go overboard with it, it'll look great. :)
  • equinedreamerequinedreamer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the idea of white linens and colored napkins...oh and the colorful flowers.
  • edited December 2011
    is it stupid to have a pastel rainbow wedding with the girls each wearing a color that i picked?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards